Guest JamesIvory

Entrepreneurs Whats Your Choice?

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my MsGuy.. You don't know how much bribe you have to give to those government "officials" and criminal organizations to run a bar like that in Bangkok. Owners of those bars are powerful and well connected to the government officials. Employing underage boys is a serious problem there. Why don't we open a tea shop together for our sweet Southern ladies. I can make good finger sandwiches. We might not make a lot of money out of it but at least we won't exploit others. Yummy.

Boy bar in Bangkok.

Just for the pleasure of making Oz's acquaintance. :thumbsup:

Guest hitoallusa

Well when one has a good idea, money doesn't really matter that much. I would come up with a practical idea first then come up with a reasonable plan to finance it. There are a lot of venture capitals and angel investors who are always open to new ideas.

You have $75,000 and the opportunity to open a business, retail, service or manufacture. What would your venture be and why?

Guest JamesIvory

Ahh maybe I did not ask the question correctly. I am not looking for ideas for myself I have a comfortable situation. I was more interested in what you men though in general given the $75,000 restriction. I was looking to see what your passion might be or creativity. Just a conversation starter nothing more than that.

For me I would try to find something to manufacture. We do not really make things in America anymore. Maybe something in the textile industry, given the budget start with a focus product and expand from that point.

I think retail in very difficult to be successful and the service industry seems to have too much bloat as it is. I cannot imagine what someone could do in this industry that is not already being done.

Guest hitoallusa

I might start a Bed and Breakfast with that much money so use the money to redecorate the house and plant more flowers in my garden. Hire a local lady who is a good cook also. I think it will be enough money to renovate the house.

Boy bar in Bangkok.

Just for the pleasure of making Oz's acquaintance. :thumbsup:

LOL You can do that in LA this fall! ^_^

Boy Boys are fun but I would never want to own one. You have to pay off the cops over and over for every little thing. The ones that are here are not doing well, because they are idiots. The boy bars in Bangkok suck. The ones in Pattaya are MUCH better and much cheaper!

• Members

75K can't do a whole lot these days... but what I would do is find the smartest, cutest, technology savvy entrepreneurial twink and pay for his first two years of college. In return, I get 5% of his first business. I am assuming if he's innovative, by the time he's a junior, he'll have figured out a way to pay for the rest of his schooling, or he'll already have patents for sale and won't even need to be in school anymore! LOL. In the meantime, hopefully, he'll be grateful and put out. ^_^

Guest JamesIvory

75K can't do a whole lot these days... but what I would do is find the smartest, cutest, technology savvy entrepreneurial twink and pay for his first two years of college. In return, I get 5% of his first business. I am assuming if he's innovative, by the time he's a junior, he'll have figured out a way to pay for the rest of his schooling, or he'll already have patents for sale and won't even need to be in school anymore! LOL. In the meantime, hopefully, he'll be grateful and put out. ^_^

I like the way you think!

Hey James,

My compliments for the refreshing topics you start.

LOL, for a moment I thought "okaaaay, so you have $75 000 burning in your pocket, ready to invest it and you're open to ideas?" :whistle: But you clarified that in your second post in this thread.

Actually, I have two ideas for two different websites. I talked to a number of people and both ideas seem completely new. (I already grabbed a few good domain names for both of them.) I can do most of the stuff that's needed myself. If I had the $75K, I'd focus entirely on building both websites plus spreading the word that the websites are there.

I think that if you want a website to be successful, your best chance is if the website offers something completely new (something where there's a demand for).

Best, Anton.