Guest JamesIvory

Mark Bingham

Thank you for the link to that video. I did have tears in my eyes for most of the clip but I am so glad I saw it. Thank you! I was in NYC Sept 11, 2001. It was a truly horrible memory. I didn't know if my BF was OK or not until he walked home 40 blocks with soot covered pants. I was supposed to be at the World Trade Center than morning and I overslept as I had relatives in town to see a Michael Jackson Reunion concert. The night before the 11th, I had 2500 USD seats to the concert and felt amazing and invincible. It was a dream come true! When I woke up, all hell had broken loose. My answering machine was going off the wall. Luckily, I overslept and missed going to the WTC. I could not dial out on the landline or use my cell phone. I was able to use the Internet and used Vonage or Skype to call my family in the deep South. Their lines were busy but I called my sister's school and had them tell her I was OK. The secretaries were all thrilled and jumping up and down as they said my sister was terrified. I can't imagine the families who didn't hear from their loved ones or lost loved ones. What a horrible horrible day.

This video brought back a lot of memories of those few days and it is something that we need never forget!

• Members

No pilot who was alive during the horrible events of 9-11 will ever forget the attack on America and how it was perpetrated. Our brothers and sisters were the crew members on those flights. They were not prepared for this type of attack by either training, mental and physical, or history. Previously, during a time of hijacking, the crews were told to go along and, if necessary, go to Havana and then return to the US. This attack changed everything and forever. Crews no longer will just go along, they will resist in any way possible. I would like to think this is also true for any and all passengers to the extent of their physical capabilities.

I applaud Mark Bingham and the others for their actions and service, however short. They gave their lives for us and others. I am hoping in the future, if not now, that being gay will have little to do with how these heroes are regarded; their actions and dedication to "higher" motives should far overshadow whatever their sexual orientation may be.

Best regards,

RA1