TotallyOz

Dr. King Weeps from his Grave

A great article in the NY Times today by Cornell West. I have always love reading his opinion and listening to him talk. Read this article if you have time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/26/opinion/martin-luther-king-jr-would-want-a-revolution-not-a-memorial.htm

"As the talk show host Tavis Smiley and I have said in our national tour against poverty, the recent budget deal is only the latest phase of a 30-year, top-down, one-sided war against the poor and working people in the name of a morally bankrupt policy of deregulating markets, lowering taxes and cutting spending for those already socially neglected and economically abandoned. Our two main political parties, each beholden to big money, offer merely alternative versions of oligarchic rule. "

Do you feel he hit the nail on the head? Is he missing something? Or, pretty damn accurate?

Guest hitoallusa

I agree that two main political parties are beholden to big money. There is no doubt about that. I don't think the budget deal is a war against the poor people. It's just a result of stupid ideology game and running out of money to spend. It's easy to blame the other party for bad things that happen rather than seeing their flawed ideology in both parties. It's just a game those in power play to get elected, maintain their status quo and control other people. The smart ones how to play in the game and always get what they want. I want the other people to be able to think for themselves and stop participating in the blaming games those smart ones promote. I don't want people to be slaves to ideologies that these smart people use to get what they want. It's a lie, manipulation and a form of control. How can we free ourself from it? By seeing the things as they are not blinded by ideology and able to make own judgment based on facts and real analysis.