TotallyOz

Would you visit the Middle East?

I have friends in Kuwait that have been trying to get me to visit them for many years. They have said not only is it very safe, but that the gay scene there is fantastic. I have not been able to find any empirical data that verifies this, but they say that all the men go out at night, and women are required to stay inside, and therefore the man fuck with each other.

I have always been curious to see what the Middle East would be like. I've especially always wanted to visit Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. And since I was a child, Egypt has always been my dream country.

I've never been to any of these places. I have had short layovers at airports in the Middle East but never explored any of the cities.

I have many friends that go to Jerusalem often and say that they feel safer there than anywhere in America. They also say that many of the shopkeepers have machine guns were protection. I'm not sure that that would make me feel safe, or make me feel uncomfortable, but it still does not stop my urge for wanting to visit the Holy Lands.

Do you think that the Arab spring is going to make it safer for travel in the Middle East? Or do you think things are going to get worse?

Guest hitoallusa

If I tell you it's safe but something happens to you, am I liable? ^_^. If your friends say so then it must be safe. It is exciting to visit new place. I hope you can go visit your friend and have fun.

When I lived and worked in Europe, I visited the Middle East quite a bit on business. In fact I was in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on Sept 10, 2001 and was taking a red-eye back to London during the world trade center disaster. I found all of the countries interesting and always found something of interest everywhere I went. I did not socialize in the countries though since I was traveling with colleagues and visiting businesses while there. But I'm glad that I got to experience all of the culture and people.