Guest EXPAT

Amy Winehouse & Tony Bennett

I know this topic appeals to you, EXPAT, and it may appeal to others.

But I couldn't care less about a duet between Amy and anybody.

Then why did you bother to respond?

• Members

Someone had to! ^_^

It's more of the Kim Kardashian thing. I just can't understand the deluge of publicity her wedding got. I don't see her appeal.

So, when you posted about Amy and Tony, the same sentiment arose. I just don't get why we should care.

But I know people do, so I don't oppose posting it, I just wanted to share my thoughts. That's okay, isn't it?

Guest hitoallusa

Lucky, you don't follow Kim Kardashian's wedding? She is going to wear a Vera Wang night gown on her wedding day. There are three possible night gowns. I used to stop in front of Vera Wang dress shop window display in my town and I just. Too shy to go in by myself since no guy in my town does that.

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2011/08/23/kim-kardashian-wedding-dress-pictures/?xid=rss-topheadlines

Someone had to! ^_^

It's more of the Kim Kardashian thing. I just can't understand the deluge of publicity her wedding got. I don't see her appeal.

So, when you posted about Amy and Tony, the same sentiment arose. I just don't get why we should care.

But I know people do, so I don't oppose posting it, I just wanted to share my thoughts. That's okay, isn't it?

• Members

Someone had to! ^_^

I think the difference is quite striking myself. Amy had a fantastic voice even if she had little self-discipline whereas Kim's claim to fame is a walking ad for booty and boob medical enhancements and little more that I can see. Amy's talent will be missed by many. Kim's booty will be upstaged by next year' booty fixation, if not sooner. I believe Kim's decline in the pop culture is already significant.

I think to Amy's credit, she went out on a positive note, sadly. According to tox reports she had no illicit drugs in her system when she died and I read somwhere that her death was associated with severe alcohol withdrawal effects. Sure she got herself wrapped around that pole on her own, more or less. But at least she went out clean rather than OD'd.

• Members

I know this topic appeals to you, EXPAT, and it may appeal to others.

But I couldn't care less about a duet between Amy and anybody.

Jeez Lucky= and you are wondering why there is a decline in postings on this board?

I really don't give a rats ass about sports or about many other things you and others post here. There is room here for everybody.