Guest DarnTop82

Face it, Obama is just a black George Bush.

• Members

I agree that Obama has continued some of the Bush intiatives, some unwisely IMO and that I personally disagree with. However, that does not make him a black Bush. There are many many more differences. Even a broken clock agrees with the right time twice a day. So, let's not go overboard about overlap.

That article reminds me of how wacko some Libertarians are. :frantics: I respect Libertarians that temper it with practicality and common sense. I used to have a vein of it run in me in years past, tempered as it was.

Guest DarnTop82

I agree that Obama has continued some of the Bush intiatives, some unwisely IMO and that I personally disagree with. However, that does not make him a black Bush. There are many many more differences. Even a broken clock agrees with the right time twice a day. So, let's not go overboard about overlap.

That article reminds me of how wacko some Libertarians are. :frantics: I respect Libertarians that temper it with practicality and common sense. I used to have a vein of it run in me in years past, tempered as it was.

We are not wacko!

LOL> Okay, some of us take it a little far.

But you cannot deny that he has done more than just a little and few things the same. Obama has managed to backtrack on SO many things, it's not even funny.

From Nancy Pelosi's "just pass the bill and then you can see whats inside it" to his promises of "open" presidency.....

Guest hitoallusa

According to the book, Game Change... Reid saw Obama had a good image with so he asked Obama to run for the presidency.. an image democrats can use to win the 2008 election. It was not his ability to run a country that caught Reid's attention. Obama lacks experience and I don't think no one can deny that. But at the time people wanted change in Washington and Obama gave an impression that he could do it. The problem is that a person who has no experience whatsoever can get elected is the problem itself in Washington. Why there are no viable candidates? They had to use someone seems to have a good image because there were no other good candidates or the systeme itself hinders real patriots to survive in DC. I hope the US can remain strong but the only way they can do that is people need to change before they ask for change and blaming others for their sins and bad deeds. Corruption and greed will have consequences even though they fill your stomach with fancy food and wine. I hope they can see that.

As for Obama, I hope his four year experience in the oval office helps him to do a better job in the second term.

We are not wacko!

LOL> Okay, some of us take it a little far.

But you cannot deny that he has done more than just a little and few things the same. Obama has managed to backtrack on SO many things, it's not even funny.

From Nancy Pelosi's "just pass the bill and then you can see whats inside it" to his promises of "open" presidency.....

Guest DarnTop82

According to the book, Game Change... Reid saw Obama had a good image with so he asked Obama to run for the presidency.. an image democrats can use to win the 2008 election. It was not his ability to run a country that caught Reid's attention. Obama lacks experience and I don't think no one can deny that. But at the time people wanted change in Washington and Obama gave an impression that he could do it. The problem is that a person who has no experience whatsoever can get elected is the problem itself in Washington. Why there are no viable candidates? They had to use someone seems to have a good image because there were no other good candidates or the systeme itself hinders real patriots to survive in DC. I hope the US can remain strong but the only way they can do that is people need to change before they ask for change and blaming others for their sins and bad deeds. Corruption and greed will have consequences even though they fill your stomach with fancy food and wine. I hope they can see that.

As for Obama, I hope his four year experience in the oval office helps him to do a better job in the second term.

That's just it. Obama has NO image back then. Nothing was known about him, and still today, nothing is known about him. The only thing almost anyone knows about him is the things he did AFTER he became President.