Lucky

Firefox 6.0

• Members

It seems like only yesterday we were bitching about Firefox 4.0. I upgraded to that and they took away my Google search bar, claiming it was incompatible with the new version. I don't remember 5.0, but now they want me to upgrade to 6.0. This time it is my AVG program they want to get rid of.

So, I hit the "submit feedback" button to tell them what I thought. I dutifully listed my complaint and hit the submit button, but that did nothing. Apparently you can't really submit feedback.

Guest Allessio77

I am always afraid to upgrade immediately.....Usually wait for a couple months, so that all the add-on programs get a chance to update.

As a general rule, I always always upgrade to the latest version of any software I'm using. I have taken that position a long time ago mainly because as a former PC / PC software product manager, I'm aware of all of the threats thrown at hardware and software and most of the times these updates are all about solving some threat either viral or otherwise. The other part of the time it's to increase performance and to add functionality. In my experience I have always found solutions to issues regarding things that don't work the same in the new version and I have been better off for it in terms of a better running system.

Just my two cents worth.

Guest JamesIvory

I am the type who updates right off the bat. I feel there are probably fixes in the latest versions of any software released. I received the update to FF 6 yesterday and like others I do not remember a FF 5 version.

Recently I switched to Chrome as my default browser and have been quite happy with its performance.

• Members

Chrome is so adept at putting advertising in places I don't expect it that the browser is too frustrating to use. If Google is the future of the Internet, we're all in trouble. I want a browser that doesn't see my wallet as its primary target.