Guest gcursor

The Dark Side of Fame

Guest gcursor

Something happened recently on the fringes of my life so I thought I would talk a little bit about it. People are always wanting fame. Whether they want to publish a book or they want their name in lights or they want a million people to follow them on TWITTER, it's all about fame. The question is what happens when fame finds you?

I follow several people on TWITTER. Everybody says what they want on TWITTER. Some people show little self-restraint and others realize what a public forum it is. One of the people that I followed recently was thrust into the spotlight because of something "heroic" that they tried to do online.

The problem is is that this person had made several questionable tweets.....typically talking about extremely edgy joke material. Who it is or what they said isn't important and that's not the point. Eventually they were featured on the TV news. They started mentioning how their twitter account had been hacked and how they were now back in control. Then all of a sudden, all their tweets were protected..then all of their followers were dropped and earlier today, their twitter account dropped off the grid entirely.

So yes...we all run madly in a dash to fame and recognition. But we seldom think about what is going to happen when we arrive. The internet never forgets. Be careful what you wish for....

Lesson to ponder..