Guest hitoallusa

Who can make a trillion dollar error in your calculation?

Guest hitoallusa

The Treasury department announced that S&P made a 2 trillion dollar so S&P's downgrade of the US AAA credit rating is flaw. However, there is no detail about this statement. Does anybody know? I guess they are working hard to make a full statement before Monday but I don't like the attitude of the US Treasury. Give us an explanation for a 2 trillion dollar error, please. Is it possible to make such an error at a time like this?

Guest gcursor

Well what happened was this....the computers were down at the time that they were crunching the numbers. So they had to resort to use the old desktop calculators. Well it's been so long that anybody has used one of those and so they had to read the instruction manual. When they were doing the calculations (after reading the instruction book for 4 hours ...it was 10 pages in length), somebody accidentally pressed the CLEAR button. Hey..it happens! Now they had been working on this calculation for about 8 hours. The question becomes: start over at the beginning OR ......so they decided that they ROUGHLY remembered what the last "figure" was in the calculator and they used that as the starting point to finalize their calculations..and that's why the calculation was 2 trillion dollars off

Gcursor

The Treasury department announced that S&P made a 2 trillion dollar so S&P's downgrade of the US AAA credit rating is flaw. However, there is no detail about this statement. Does anybody know? I guess they are working hard to make a full statement before Monday but I don't like the attitude of the US Treasury. Give us an explanation for a 2 trillion dollar error, please. Is it possible to make such an error at a time like this?