TotallyOz

Clay Aiken on Being a Gay Teen in the South

Growing up in the South, I have always understood why Clay was closeted. I was until my late 20's and I was out of the south. I never once met an openly gay person my age in the south when I was younger. I hope that times have changed. we have many members here from the South, are you seeing more gay guys openly out?

Here is a link to Clay's article:

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/07/22/Clay_Aiken_on_Being_A_Gay_Teenager_in_The_South/

Guest hitoallusa

Well I see a lot of gays these days in the South. Times have changed. One of my former computer guy is gay and some computer geeks at the security department are gay. They once came to check on the person(me) who was logging on this site. I've always wondered why they bothered to come down to see me? One guy just smiled at me and left. It was a creepy smile. But they didn't say anything afterwards so I guess they just accepted me being gay.

Growing up in the South, I have always understood why Clay was closeted. I was until my late 20's and I was out of the south. I never once met an openly gay person my age in the south when I was younger. I hope that times have changed. we have many members here from the South, are you seeing more gay guys openly out?

Here is a link to Clay's article:

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/07/22/Clay_Aiken_on_Being_A_Gay_Teenager_in_The_South/

Guest hitoallusa

Raleigh is a big city in my sense. It's 43rd largest city in the US. I am originally from a big city and lived in DC area for many years. I like Raleigh much better. A lot of young gays complain about Raleigh but I don't quite get why that is. They don't seem to get many advantages the city offer. It was the right choice for me to come here and I've enjoyed my stay here. Have to move back to a big city next year for work. It makes me sad but you have to accept changes in life.

hitoall, how big is your city? Do you think that size is important? (not dick size but the city size in the South?)