Lucky

Singer Amy Winehouse Dead

• Members

Long known for her substance abuse problems and concert failings due to the same, singer Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her home in London. Details are still scarce, but drugs are suspected. She was 27 years old.

Guest CharliePS

Long known for her substance abuse problems and concert failings due to the same, singer Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her home in London. Details are still scarce, but drugs are suspected. She was 27 years old.

And with at least 92 dead in Oslo and at least 32 dead in the Chinese bullet train crash, the death of this one marginal celebrity will probably get as much media attention.

Guest simon

And with at least 92 dead in Oslo and at least 32 dead in the Chinese bullet train crash, the death of this one marginal celebrity will probably get as much media attention.

The Chinese do not have a bullet train. It would be the Japanese. Making that type error is like calling Latinos - Mexican. #justsayin

Guest CharliePS

The Chinese do not have a bullet train. It would be the Japanese. Making that type error is like calling Latinos - Mexican. #justsayin

The Chinese do have a "bullet train," or at least that's how the news reports describe it. It is quite new. I haven't seen anything much about it. And I have ridden the Japanese "bullet train" many times, so I do know what the term means.

• Members

My take on the public fascination for Amy Winehouse concerns the waste of talent and apparent self-destruction. Ditto an addictive Lindsay Lohan and a bipolar Brittany Spears. Similar to

watching a car crash. Sad all the way around.

• Members

My take on the public fascination for Amy Winehouse concerns the waste of talent and apparent self-destruction. Ditto an addictive Lindsay Lohan and a bipolar Brittany Spears. Similar to

watching a car crash. Sad all the way around.

I would say the more appropriate comparison is with Janis Joplin. Lindsay and Brittany are self destructive but hardly as talented as the other two. That doesn't lessen the concern about them.

• Members

2 seconds on Google or sounding like a complete arse...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-speed_rail_in_China

http://www.google.com/search?q=chinese+bullet+train&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=7Ua&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivnsu&source=univ&tbm=nws&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=iRAtTteeJKLRiALg1c2vAg&ved=0CDUQqAI

...the choice is yours.