MsGuy

Breaking Bad

• Members

Anybody else hooked on Breaking Bad, the cable show about the meth business?

Yeah, I know it's brutal and dark and there's no cute kids high-kicking across the stage, but I can't turn the channel while it's on.

• Members

There's another new show for kids called Breaking Out, about acne. Then there's Breaking Wind, for those on their first visit to Mexico. And then, a surprise summer hit at the UN is the documentary Breaking Bread. I heard all about these new movies on my local TV's Breaking News segment. They are still working on Breaking Up, Breaking Down, a film about a divorcing couple just as their car breaks down on the way to the courthouse.

Brad Pitt is in Breaking Well, a show about adopted children adapting to their new homes. And Breaking Teeth, despite being a box office flop, is still popular in juvenile jails across the country!

Guest EXPAT

Breaking Bad is an amazing drama. I also can't turn the channel when it's on either. The writing and acting is incredible. Tonight's season premiere was no exception. The last half was really gruesome and I hope it doesn't give anyone ideas. . .

• Members

Anybody else hooked on Breaking Bad, the cable show about the meth business?

Yeah, I know it's brutal and dark and there's no cute kids high-kicking across the stage, but I can't turn the channel while it's on.

Breaking Bad has great writing and acting. I get mesmerized if I stop by and it is a show I have not seen. However, it is too dark for me, more than once in a blue moon. I try to scoot by the channel with my remote control when in the neighborhood. It's sorta like looking at an auto accident. :o

Guest gcursor

Excellent topic MSguy. THAT was a very nice response Lucky. I bow to you for your creativity!

I do watch BREAKING BAD. I never watched it much when it started out because it seemed a bit too "scary" for me to watch. After I watched 1 or 2 episodes then I was hooked. I'm sure that eventually I'll get up the courage to watch this season's premiere of BREAKING BAD then I'll be hooked again.

Just like how I never understood how people watch MAD MEN then I watched 1...2...3..4....5 episodes and now I'm hooked on that too.

Gcursor

There's another new show for kids called Breaking Out, about acne. Then there's Breaking Wind, for those on their first visit to Mexico. And then, a surprise summer hit at the UN is the documentary Breaking Bread. I heard all about these new movies on my local TV's Breaking News segment. They are still working on Breaking Up, Breaking Down, a film about a divorcing couple just as their car breaks down on the way to the courthouse.

Brad Pitt is in Breaking Well, a show about adopted children adapting to their new homes. And Breaking Teeth, despite being a box office flop, is still popular in juvenile jails across the country!

• Members

Excellent topic MSguy. THAT was a very nice response Lucky. I bow to you for your creativity!

Gcursor

I always feel left out on these TV threads as I only watch baseball games and The Daily Show. I tried Modern Family on the DVR but gave it up when the shows started piling up and I could never catch up with them. But I am glad that my fellow Mermen are being entertained in an appropriate way!

I guess that I had best check it out.

You might like it. But, it is only going to be good if you start from Season 1. If you don't like it then, you never will.

I have friends that hated it. Said it was the worst thing on TV. I love it and it is one of my favorites. But, I also liked The A Team!

• Members

Love this show. Unfortunately, I haven't started watching this season. AMC channel went away for a while on my cable so I missed episodes. I've was waiting to catch up before starting the new season. Now that I've caught up I'm waiting for a current season marathon.

• Members

... his wife is being an even bigger bitch than usual.

LOL, Skyler (the wife) breaking her husband's balls because the suitcase full of cash she volunteered to launder was full of $50's. :rolleyes:

• Members

You might like it. But, it is only going to be good if you start from Season 1. If you don't like it then, you never will.

I have friends that hated it. Said it was the worst thing on TV. I love it and it is one of my favorites. But, I also liked The A Team!

We have followed your advice, Oz, and the bf and I are watching season 1 now. We like it, despite some rather gruesome stuff. But the family that watches meth shows together stays together...I think!