Lucky

Palm Springs Humid July Weather

• Members

What a miserable week in the desert. Not only hot temperatures, but sticky hot. They always say it's a "dry heat" as though that makes it cooler, but I do prefer a dry heat to a humid and sticky week. The other day it was 55% humidity here, and only 45% in New York. We stay inside, but it's still sticky. Maybe I should move to Phoenix? ^_^

• Members

The heat index here today will be 110; strictly caused by humidity. The actual temperature will only be in the mid to high 90's. After all, it is July and REALLY summertime, at least in some places.

Some of the perceived discomfort is mental, especially if one is not "forced" to be out of doors. Although I am perfectly willing to admit that heat of over 100 degrees whether the measured temperature or the heat index can be dangerous if not considered for one's activities.

Personally, my body (skin) and sinuses react negatively if I am too long in an environment of much less than 50-60% humidity. Therefore, I must live in one of the several places suited to my body. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest gcursor

Yeah..I feel for you Lucky. When it gets this warm, I like to go to the soft-serve ice cream place and then drive around in my car for a while with my window down, head out and tongue hanging.

Gcursor

What a miserable week in the desert. Not only hot temperatures, but sticky hot. They always say it's a "dry heat" as though that makes it cooler, but I do prefer a dry heat to a humid and sticky week. The other day it was 55% humidity here, and only 45% in New York. We stay inside, but it's still sticky. Maybe I should move to Phoenix? ^_^

Guest CharliePS

It didn't feel so bad to me today. It was only 99 when I got off the tennis court after two and a half hours of play, and my clothes weren't even very sweaty. Now, last week, when it was 114 and no breeze during the match, THAT was uncomfortable.

Guest gcursor

ill have to tell u my "learning tennis" story sometime Charlie

gcursor

It didn't feel so bad to me today. It was only 99 when I got off the tennis court after two and a half hours of play, and my clothes weren't even very sweaty. Now, last week, when it was 114 and no breeze during the match, THAT was uncomfortable.