TotallyOz

Fox News Feed Hacked

Guest gcursor

Please..hate to be the ones who did this? are you serious? One of the people who hacked into Sony was subsequently hired by FACEBOOK for their security team.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/facebook-hires-sonys-hacker/story?id=13948623

There are security companies (that make viruses, etc) FORTUNE 500 companies and more who will hire these people in a heartbeat because they know that THEY know their stuff and who best to protect their network..than another hacker?

I don't like how it works but this is how the world operates. People rewarded richly for doing something bad. So seriously who wants to be that person? Probably a lot of people do because that person's life is going to be paved with great wealth, power and respect for some time to come.

Guest hitoallusa

Well they are rewarding people with talent and help them use their talent for a good cause. I see your point but I don't see any harm hiring people with talent and make them do something useful for their employers. If those hackers had a better offer then they would probably refuse it but they usually accept it. That's because they can't keep doing illegal things. Another thing is people hiring them is no dummies. They want to see what those hackers can do and analyze them. When you know how one operates and thinks then you can also counter attack future attacks easily even though one leaves his job. It's like paying them for their expertise and predict future attacks too. It's like having an industrial spies under your watch so you can counter attack them later. In doing so you can catch a bigger fish later or prevent much larger damage. Once you can figure out all the connections and their rogue friends then it's much easier to control them also. I guess hiring them has many benefits.

Please..hate to be the ones who did this? are you serious? One of the people who hacked into Sony was subsequently hired by FACEBOOK for their security team.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/facebook-hires-sonys-hacker/story?id=13948623

There are security companies (that make viruses, etc) FORTUNE 500 companies and more who will hire these people in a heartbeat because they know that THEY know their stuff and who best to protect their network..than another hacker?

I don't like how it works but this is how the world operates. People rewarded richly for doing something bad. So seriously who wants to be that person? Probably a lot of people do because that person's life is going to be paved with great wealth, power and respect for some time to come.

Guest gcursor

I agree hitoall. I think we should hire criminals more..

let's start by taking Bernie Madoff out of prison and putting him in charge of the U.S. Treasury. THEN let's take some of these corporate CEOs that bankrupted other companies and put them in charge of the military (they'll NEVER be able to bankrupt that! although they'll try). THEN let's take the robbers/murderers/etc and put them in charge of the law enforcement (after all, they DO know better than anybody how criminals work so lets put them in charge of something where they'll do some real good!)

Gcursor

Well they are rewarding people with talent and help them use their talent for a good cause. I see your point but I don't see any harm hiring people with talent and make them do something useful for their employers. If those hackers had a better offer then they would probably refuse it but they usually accept it. That's because they can't keep doing illegal things. Another thing is people hiring them is no dummies. They want to see what those hackers can do and analyze them. When you know how one operates and thinks then you can also counter attack future attacks easily even though one leaves his job. It's like paying them for their expertise and predict future attacks too. It's like having an industrial spies under your watch so you can counter attack them later. In doing so you can catch a bigger fish later or prevent much larger damage. Once you can figure out all the connections and their rogue friends then it's much easier to control them also. I guess hiring them has many benefits.