The last 3 movies

Guest gcursor

So what are the last 3 movies that you've seen: good, bad or indifferent

Mine would be:

ANOTHER GAY SEQUEL: GAYS GONE WILD

DEVIL

ROSE RED

Guest lurkerspeaks

gcurser.. good topic.. but how about mini review to go along with each title.. can be as simple as a 1-4 stars, or somethign to tell others if it was good or not..

• Members

I saw:

1) X-men: And enjoyed it. Thought it was well done and captivating. And of course two of them are quite cute!

2) Hangover 2: Entertaining. won't win an Oscar, but it was an evening well spent!

3) Going Down in La-La Land. Independent film seen at a Gay/Lesbian film festival. Starred my friend Matthew Ludwinski who is gorgeous and along with his costar Allison Lane did an extremely commendable job in his first movie. It's the story of a very attractive young actor who moves to LA with the dream they all have, and ends up with no job, no future, and the need to explore the "seedier" side of the city. If you see it coming to a LGBT film festival to a city near you, I highly recommend it.

Guest gcursor

LURKER wanted a mini review. I don't like to do anything the "normal" way and like being unique. Some time ago on my blog, I started movie reviews in 10 words or less so that's what I'll do with these 3 movies LURKER..thanks for the suggestion!! They aren't meant as "reviews" proper of the movie but you'll see how they go...I used to have quite some fun with them.

ANOTHER GAY SEQUEL: GAYS GONE WILD: Hot boys. Sex. Hot boys. Sex. Cold shower.

DEVIL: SHYAMALAN directed a good movie?!? SERIOUSLY?!? Chilling movie.

ROSE RED: A haunted house goes insane. I wished for the same.

gcursor

So what are the last 3 movies that you've seen: good, bad or indifferent

Mine would be:

ANOTHER GAY SEQUEL: GAYS GONE WILD

DEVIL

ROSE RED

Guest gcursor

I'm looking forward to this movie as well. I helped sponsor the making of it through KICKSTARTER.

Gcursor

3) Going Down in La-La Land. Independent film seen at a Gay/Lesbian film festival. Starred my friend Matthew Ludwinski who is gorgeous and along with his costar Allison Lane did an extremely commendable job in his first movie. It's the story of a very attractive young actor who moves to LA with the dream they all have, and ends up with no job, no future, and the need to explore the "seedier" side of the city. If you see it coming to a LGBT film festival to a city near you, I highly recommend it.

The Green Lantern - while getting panned by almost all, I enjoyed it. I like the lead actor and thought the movie was pretty to watch. Not a great movie but fun to watch.

Super 8 - I wasn't sure what this was about until I saw it. I did like the movie and it was intense a few times. I thought the ending was great and the love story (young kids) was sweet.

X Men: First Class - Well, I love the X Men series. I liked this one as well and was glad I went to see it.

Remember, I am currently in Thailand so it is hard to find really good independent films here. The only thing that seems to come to Thailand are the big pictures.

When I was in NYC, I love the variety of good movies. I don't get that here.

• Members

Remember, I am currently in Thailand so it is hard to find really good independent films here. The only thing that seems to come to Thailand are the big pictures.

When I was in NYC, I love the variety of good movies. I don't get that here.

Poor Oz, trapped in the back row of his favorite Bangkok movie house with a gaggle of the finest bar boys, pining away from lack of an indie film or two. Oh the horror! Oh the humanity! :console:

Guest gcursor

OH NO! It sounds like Oz is trapped and being held hostage *wink wink* We must form a "rescue party" immediately to save him! WHO'S WITH ME?!?!

OZ..we're coming! HOLD ON!

Gcursor

Poor Oz, trapped in the back row of his favorite Bangkok movie house with a gaggle of the finest bar boys, pining away from lack of an indie film or two. Oh the horror! Oh the humanity! :console:

Guest EXPAT

I saw "Midnight in Paris" which is the new Woody Allen directed movie and I loved it. Owen Wilson was the main character and he really channeled Woody Allen in that role. I definitely recommend that movie.

I saw "Beginners" yesterday and it was just awful. They previewed as a coming out story of a 75 year old man played by Christopher Plummer and that was only a micro-element of the story. It was mostly about his son Ewan McGregor and this badly scripted girlfriend and their relationship. It made no sense. The only good scenes were the ones with Christopher Plummer and of course the hilarious dog in the movie. But it was very badly done.

And finally I saw "Super 8" which I loved. It's a great science fiction story from the kids perspective. Very well written and directed.

Guest gcursor

Man I was so wrong about SUPER 8. I thought for sure it was going to be a CLOVERFIELD prequel. I mean all the signs were there and everything!

Gcursor

And finally I saw "Super 8" which I loved. It's a great science fiction story from the kids perspective. Very well written and directed.

OH NO! It sounds like Oz is trapped and being held hostage *wink wink* We must form a "rescue party" immediately to save him! WHO'S WITH ME?!?!

OZ..we're coming! HOLD ON!

Gcursor

haha. No rescue needed. Took 2 of my boys today to see Transformers and we all enjoyed it. Great action and visual effects. The movie took over 9 of the halls in a 14 hall theater.

Guest Hoover42

-Transformers 3 (I want Shia to sit on my face, please!)

-Green Lantern (Did I say, Shia? I mean Ryan).

-Super 8 (Loved it, but I would have preferred something much more like the original Alien)

• Members

This thread is one of the reasons I find these sites valuable. We get the opinion of others on things that are of interest to us. I don't always agree, but I like seeing the opinion. I do agree with Lurkerspeaks that a mini-review would be helpful.

Green Lantern did not work for me although I am a big Ryan Reynolds fan. I don't watch many movies,but I like to know what the good ones are in case I have time on my hands or think I might miss something worthwhile.

On another review subject, I saw 4 shows in New York. I guess this is as good a place as any to stick my mini-reviews;

Priscilla, Queen of the Desert: A second visit for me, we went to the box office an hour ahead of showtime with a discount coupon and got house seats- fifth row center. Given how much Nick Adams likes showing off his hot body, being this close was an added bonus. His body is a work of art, in drag or not. The show was a lot of fun- good music, costumes, and charm in the story.

Unnatural Acts is a play off-Broadway about a 1920 witch hunt of homosexuals at Harvard. It is based on a true story, and the cast gives it their all. Again, I had a great seat in the front row, just feet from where the cutest guy in the show stripped naked. But beyond that, the show is very thought provoking about historic bigotry, and the pressures it put on gay people to both live as gay men and hide the fact.

One Arm is based upon a Tennessee Williams short story about a male hustler who has lost his arm in an auto accident. The staging is brilliant, and the main actor just phenomenal in a very tough role. The show closed last weekend. Again, I had a first row seat.

Finally, the new musical Death Takes A Holiday, a Roundabout Theater production. The opening number had me thinking I had made a huge mistake. I started thinking of all of the other shows I could have chosen. But about ten minutes in, the Death character appears, and the show takes off in a very engaging and fun production. Matt Cavanaugh is in the cast. My seat was just okay!

• Members

for those who live in southern california, here's an opportunity to see Going Down in LA LA Land this Saturday July 9

http://www.frontiersla.com/Features/Highlights/Story.aspx?ID=1445421

or if you live on the opposite coast, you can see it on July 22 in NYC:

http://newfest.slated.com/2011/films/goingdowninlalaland_casparandreas_newfest2011

If you like the kind of quirky independent film that has the following attributes, it's worth seeing:

1) Very cute lead who gets naked periodically

2) Very funny "fag hag" character

3) Briefly delves into the world that is this board....