Guest lurkerspeaks

What were they thinking?

Guest lurkerspeaks

This morning I saw a small car that had been painted up as a rolling billboard--you know the kind.. advertising for various businesses.

This one had in BIG LETTERS-------"Happy Endings"

Then in smaller letters beneath it.. "in-home pet euthanasia"

And the catch phrase across the back of the car was "Because all pets deserve a happy ending"...

• Members

I am not sure that I understand your point, Lurker. Were you comparing and contrasting the "happy endings" one might receive from a massage to this car advert?

Or, were you lamenting the fact and belief, held by all pet lovers, that it is a very sad occasion when one's pet must be put down? I have had to put down three of my beloved pets but I could not stand to see them suffering any longer and we have that "privilege and responsibility" with our pets that we do not, as yet, have with our human loved ones.

I wish all of us, to include myself, a happy ending to this life but I do not know how or when it will end and I think neither does anyone else.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest lurkerspeaks

No disrespect was meant towards any pet or pet owner. I was amused by the massage meaning of happy endings, especially when it was applied to a pet...

I too have had to put a pet of 12 years to sleep, and I freely admit to crying like a baby at the time. But she was in pain and it was not fair to keep her alive for my own sake when she was hurting so much..

So please accept my apology if you took my post as insensitive towards animals in any way...