Guest zipperzone

Will he go to jail ?????

Guest zipperzone

I was going to post this in the politics forum then I decided it was really more about a sex scandal than politics so it has ended up here.

John Edwards - douche-bag supreme has been indicted. But will he end up in jail?

My guess would be NO. He'll cop a plea deal that will see him disbarred. His political career is kaput - so if he can't practice law, what's left for him?

He could write a book - enough people are stupid enough to buy anything - or he could star in his own reality show on Fox TV.

Or he could just shoot himself.

• Members

I'm far from convinced the government has a real case that can get a conviction. Clearly he is guilty of bad judgement and infidelity and generally being a scuzzball. Whether the goverment can prove he illegally laundered money through his campaign, some think it is a real stretch. We'll have to wait and see.

I wonder if this is being pursued so agressively because of the Ensign case. Having declined to prosecute that case the Justice Dept has had a damning file dropped on its doorstep by the Senate Ethics Committee that can hardly be overlooked now. Given the reluctance of this DOJ to prosecute political wrong doing I suspect they may want to show evenhandedness with both parties. Just wondering...

Guest BeachBoy

I'm far from convinced the government has a real case that can get a conviction. Clearly he is guilty of bad judgement and infidelity and generally being a scuzzball. Whether the goverment can prove he illegally laundered money through his campaign, some think it is a real stretch. We'll have to wait and see.

I wonder if this is being pursued so agressively because of the Ensign case. Having declined to prosecute that case the Justice Dept has had a damning file dropped on its doorstep by the Senate Ethics Committee that can hardly be overlooked now. Given the reluctance of this DOJ to prosecute political wrong doing I suspect they may want to show evenhandedness with both parties. Just wondering...

Wait, I'm behind here (no pun intended). The DOJ is NOT prosecuting Ensign? If they don't, there's no way they're going to do shit to Edwards. The two don't even match up in terms of gravity of the situation.