Guest EXPAT

American Idol finale tonight

Guest EXPAT

I think it is Country Idol tonight. . .

There is no doubt that Scotty is going to win hands down. My "sources" at Fox have told me that Scotty has had more votes than all the others combined for weeks mainly because of the southern vote and the little girl vote. But I have to say that this performance by Lauren Alaina was an amazing performance and my favorite of the season. Lauren has been my favorite from the start. She will do well as long as she gets the right help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-9ncI3NVsg

Guest EXPAT

NY Post and Drudge are already reporting that Scotty has won by a 2 to 1 margin. He has been getting the majority of votes all season long. I'm not sure why gay people are judging him so harshly by calling him a "bigot". I don't think anyone knows him well enough to make that conclusion. I certainly don't like to be judged so quickly and I would hope that we wouldn't do that either to others.

Kris Allen's album was viewed as a major flop and I guess they stopped promoting singles from it.

• Members

"Gay people" aren't calling him a bigot, I am. He had the role in kicking the little chubby gay kid out of the group, then he had to kiss his crucifix after dealing with Lady GaGa. I have my sources too, and they tell me that he was much ruder to her than was actually shown on TV.

I think he is a bigot as well. But, only time will tell. He is young and from the South. He needs to see the world. Lord only knows what I believed when I was 17. I still remember my first encounter with a gay guy in college. He would sit at my table and I would rush to eat and leave afraid I would be "found out." It is embarrassing to say the least so I'll give the little prick a chance as he is still young.

As for sources, I have them all. They tell me Stefano will return and be crowed as the winner. He'll be wearing some tight Kelvin Klein briefs. I am excited. ^_^

Guest zipperzone

I think he is a bigot as well. But, only time will tell. He is young and from the South. He needs to see the world. Lord only knows what I believed when I was 17. I still remember my first encounter with a gay guy in college. He would sit at my table and I would rush to eat and leave afraid I would be "found out." It is embarrassing to say the least so I'll give the little prick a chance as he is still young.

But that was then and this is now. Many things have changed in the past XX years. If the kid is in show business and is homophobic today, chances are that will never change. I guess there is always the chance he is a closet case himself but even that does not say much for him.

Guest EXPAT

I just don't think you should judge unless you know personally. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. This is the exact bitterness that I dislike more than anything. it's also one reason I left the other board.

• Members

I just don't think you should judge unless you know personally. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. This is the exact bitterness that I dislike more than anything. it's also one reason I left the other board.

Well, if hitoallusa were here, he would agree with you. Granted we are being hard on a young kid, but I agree that the times have changed and most young people are much more comfortable with gays and Lady gaga than he is.

• Members

As for sources, I have them all. They tell me Stefano will return and be crowed as the winner. He'll be wearing some tight Kelvin Klein briefs. I am excited. ^_^

Stefano returns, still cute, but with a new haircut I didn't like. His smile still radiates. He wore Kevlar jeans to keep his heat inside!

I would certainly hope that one would not leave this board because some of us think that a contestant on American Idol is a bigot. I don't know him personally but I know enough to know that he was raised in a conservative area and he is not comfortable yet with dealing with people different than he is. That being said, I do think I have the right to judge performers based on their actions if they are showing that to the entire world 2 times a week in order to make millions or hundreds of millions of dollars down the road.

I never liked James. I didn't want him to win. But, in a contest where you are asked to judge and vote, you bring all your past experiences to play in order to vote.

I don't think that is bitter. It is making observations. IMHO

• Members

James had a lot of fun singing with Judas Priest, and he put on a better show than Scotty or Lauren ever did.

But, I nearly forgot all about Stefano when Reeve Carney sang the song from Spider Man with U2.

tweets45ReeveCarney.jpg

(His hair is shorter now.)

And what about 63 year old Steven Tyler still up there acting like a rock star? My knees wouldn't be able to do it.

And what about 63 year old Steven Tyler still up there acting like a rock star? My knees wouldn't be able to do it.

Many people have been very critical of Steven Tyler but I loved him. I think he is funny and witty and had good observations. He is a true Character with a capital C and I would have loved to have had him in my life as he would have spiced up every day!

As for the winner, I didn't really care which of these two won. I was hoping Haley would make it to the final but when she left, I lost my desire to watch. I thought she had a fantastic voice and I do think she will go far in the industry.

I also think James will go far.

I'd like to help Stefano go somewhere. Maybe Thailand? ^_^

IMHO, this year had the best group of performers than any other season. They didn't have the best personality but they were fabulous singers.

• Members

Haley was great in her number with Tony Bennett. I think she will do well.

And, I offer my congratulations to Scotty. I know he won't see them, just as I knew he wouldn't see my barbs. But all is in the past and he is the champion.

• Members

So why did Kris Allen not perform on Idol this season? He was seen in the audience once...and what about Archuleta? No sign of him at all. Not that I watched...

Yup. It was bad albums. Archie's label dropped him completely. I did see a screen shot of him at the Idol sing-off between the final two. He's looking older now, but still nice.