BiBottomBoy

Word Of The Week - Floccinaucinihilipilification

• Members

Floccinaucinihilipilification - the act of saying that something or someone is worthless and without value.

"When I talk about Sarah Palin I am often guilty of floccinaucinihilipilification."

Or posting silly words that we will never remember! ^_^

• Members

As for Bi-Bottom, I do not at all think he should not post what he wants. As for any poster, we don't have to read the ones who do not interest us.

As for EXPAT, I think he is a fine contributor with a positive attitude. He does not speak ill of others. But, this is a gay chat room of sorts similar to a locker room. We feel that we can speak freely, and I do, within the bounds of rules here. I don't ask everyone to post the way I do, and others can't ask me to follow their higher level of diplomacy unless I am clearly off-base. What we write here about public figures is not read by them, so their feelings are not going to be hurt. Our words here carry little value, except maybe to ourselves.

Hitoallusa felt that he had to quit posting if he couldn't post what he wanted. I disagreed with that in another thread. But if he wants to be read, he might want to be open to some of the suggestions that have been made. Otherwise he gets on my ignore list, and who knows how well he is read otherwise. Ultimately it is up to him to decide what he wants to post, and if others don't like, they don't have to read it.

All posters unmentioned here- I love you too.

Guest zipperzone

I admire posters who tell it the way it is - or at least the way THEY think it is.

What bugs me are the ones who never, ever have a nasty thought about anything or anybody. I don't want to live in a Pollyanna world. Everything is NOT always praiseworthy. If someone falls into the outhouse, don't try to make it sound as though they smell of violets when they are pulled out. They don't.......

• Members

If someone falls into the outhouse, don't try to make it sound as though they smell of violets when they are pulled out. They don't.......

Falling into a pile of shit doesn't make you a bad person. :flowers:

slumdog-millionaire-outhouse1.jpg

• Members

Personally, I tend toward tolerance. The only kind of posts I really dislike are cruel posts, especially the ones designed to tear down one of our own. And there aren't many of those here, thankfully. thumbsup.png

No doubt my posts aggravate some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time smiley_lincoln.gif, but I appreciate not getting tossed out of the clubhouse when it happens. I know that being ostracized hurts, and I don't want to kick somebody else to the curb if I can avoid it.

For all I know, this Board provides a bit of support to some of our members and if indulging their posts is the worst thing I ever have to do in life, I'll die a happy man.

tumblr_ljy2zgNfua1qf83cro1_500.jpg

I've never been accused of being a polyanna.

I admire posters who tell it the way it is - or at least the way THEY think it is.

What bugs me are the ones who never, ever have a nasty thought about anything or anybody. I don't want to live in a Pollyanna world. Everything is NOT always praiseworthy. If someone falls into the outhouse, don't try to make it sound as though they smell of violets when they are pulled out. They don't.......

Guest BeachBoy

Well, there's Pollyanna, and then there's seeing things objectively - or at least from someone's point of view. That's the difference, to me. It seems somewhere along the line, society lost the ability to disagree with others in a civil way.