TotallyOz

Cancelled TV Shows

Meanwhile Jersey Shore will run forever because it's not that expensive to just stick a camera in front of poorly dressed alcoholics.

I think we should all get together and pitch Fox a show called "Cocks" where we'll just film the back room of The Cock in NYC and call it a "cutting edge reality program."

• Members

I have been surprised at how many first season shows are cut. They don't even give them a chance anymore. It reminds me of Broadway and the speed at which new shows fail. If not an instant success, then failure. There were many shows with great potential and with more work, they would have succeeded.

Me too. I think it's because attention spans have become shorter probably because there is so much content out there. Plus the networks have no balls.

Guest zipperzone

Me too. I think it's because attention spans have become shorter probably because there is so much content out there. Plus the networks have no balls.

Oh they have balls alright :excl: Any corporation that insists on delivering all this crap regardless of what the viewers want, have balls as big as canon fodder.

Let us not loose sight of the fact that the only reason TV shows exist is to sell advertising......

The upcoming fall season looks filled with awful shows. They are trying to be all retro and go with all cleavage all the time. There's the Charlies Angels' remake, a show about stewardesses getting laid in the early 1960s and a show about The Playboy Club.

One exec told The New York Times that it's the Hendrix factor - i.e. after watching Mad Men, every television exec wanted a show set in the early sixties with a Christina Hendrix type character.

The Queen will be around for a while because Lena Olin demanded a three year contract or she wouldn't do the show.

So far, they have really stuck to the books. The last episode of this season was fucking amazing. I am glad I gave this series a chance. It is turning out to be one of my favorites.

Guest gcursor

I'm not sure if I heard this from a comedian or not but I thought I'd share this.

It's very easy to figure out which shows are going to become TV series. What they do is they show the programs to a bunch of chimps in diapers. If the chimps don't s**t themselves then the TV show goes on the air.

Gcursor

• Members

The upcoming fall season looks filled with awful shows. They are trying to be all retro and go with all cleavage all the time. There's the Charlies Angels' remake, a show about stewardesses getting laid in the early 1960s and a show about The Playboy Club.

One exec told The New York Times that it's the Hendrix factor - i.e. after watching Mad Men, every television exec wanted a show set in the early sixties with a Christina Hendrix type character.

I give the Playboy Club three weeks. This is one of those shows that is so obvious to fail in this country. They cannot be true to the topic in bible-thumping America. Unless they accidentally hire some excellent writers that conjer up some intriguing subtexts that have nothing to do with Playboy bunnies, then who knows. I'm betting against that. I suspect this is some sort of payoff for a past debt to the programming VP or something like that. I bet the replacement is already in the can.

The two other shows sound as equally deep.