TotallyOz

Homo hookers busted in Atlanta police sting

The hunt for a hooker in Midtown proved a little more difficult over the weekend as Atlanta police posed as gay men seeking sex and busted scores of alleged prostitutes.

The arrests of 50 alleged male hookers along corridors long known for gay sex for sale—Cypress Street near Peachtree Street, as well as Ponce de Leon Avenue—came as the Atlanta Police Department notched 79 arrests in a days-long sting that ended Sunday.

Operation Summer Heat included 61 arrests for prostitution—50 men and 11 women, eight “johns” seeking a prostitute, and 10 narcotics arrests. In addition, seven vehicles were impounded and $1,000 was seized, according to the Atlanta Police Department. The sting started May 5, though it did not operate every day, and included the department’s undercover vice squad and Atlanta Proactive Enforcement & Interdiction (APEX) unit, which earlier this year replaced APD’s troubled Red Dog Unit.

“We’ve received many complaints about hustling and prostitution in these corridors,” Chief George Turner (bottom photo) said in a prepared statement on Monday. “We hope these arrests send a signal to the community that the APD is listening, and to lawbreakers that we are not going to tolerate this conduct.”

Officer Brian Sharp, one of two LGBT liaisons for Atlanta police, was on hand during portions of the sting, according to Carlos Campos, a spokesperson for the department. At other times, one of the agency’s LGBT liaisons was on call.

The sting included areas known for transgender prostitutes, though none of the 61 people charged with prostitution were identified as transgender, according to Campos.

For entire story:

http://www.projectqatlanta.com/news_articles/view/homo_hookers_busted_in_atlanta_police_sting?gid=8206

I just had a friend move to Atlanta and I hope he keeps an eye out for the Po Po.

This seems to be a very high number to me and excites me. I need to visit Atlanta now to see this.

Guest zipperzone

Isn't it wonderful that the good citizens of Atlanta are being protected from such sordid activities as men wanting to sell their bodies to other men for the purpose of sex. Pat Robertson would be sooooo proud of these efforts. :frantics: