TotallyOz

This Season's Final Episodes

I love watching TV and I usually have it on another monitor as I work. So, I am not 100 percent focused on every episode but I do watch many show. This year has had some great series and shows. The season finale for this year's shows were great. Which was your favorite ending for the season?

Mine: The Good Wife

Guest EXPAT

I think "The Good Wife" is the best drama on TV. It is so well written, directed and acted that it puts everything else to shame.

Guest BeachBoy

I feel like all the shows I watch are either not on the usual network schedule, or have a weird number of episodes per season. It makes it harder to keep track of them! Thank GOD to TiVo.

Guest BeachBoy

I think "The Good Wife" is the best drama on TV. It is so well written, directed and acted that it puts everything else to shame.

OK, I think I'm going to get caught up on it. I've been hearing from too many people recently how awesome it is.

Guest zipperzone

I agree - best drama since The West Wing. My only bitch is the background music. When they are having a low level conversation, talking in confidence etc., the producers think that's the time to crank up the orchestra too the point where you can't hear what the fuck is being said. They should make up their minds - is this a TV drama or a symphonic presentation. :frantics: :frantics: :frantics:

I agree with you guys the Good Wife is the best drama on TV. I love Mr. Big and I think they are setting up next season to be a really great one. For those of you that haven't watched it, go back and watch Season 1. It was good but only got better with time.

I've been enjoying the Borgias series on HBO. Season finale next week. Lucretia's stable boy is to die for. :frantics:

That stable boy is cute and when he was fucking her in the woods, I dreamed that was me. (with him and not fucking her).

I have also enjoyed the Borgias but I have always loved Jeremy Irons. He is amazing in whatever he does. Last week's episode was great. I can't wait to see the end.

• Members

One of my fantasies is Archie Punjabi dressed up as a lesbian leather dominatrix on Good Wife. And I'm always happy when Meryl's baby Mamie has a story. She plays "the supposed dumb blonde" so well. Michael J Fox, not so much. And doesn't anybody else think that Julieanna has overdone the botox? She's getting into that Marcia Cross-bubblehead never-neverland territory.

Guest BeachBoy

I agree - best drama since The West Wing. My only bitch is the background music. When they are having a low level conversation, talking in confidence etc., the producers think that's the time to crank up the orchestra too the point where you can't hear what the fuck is being said. They should make up their minds - is this a TV drama or a symphonic presentation. :frantics: :frantics: :frantics:

You had me at West Wing - my all-time favorite show ever.

• Members

I've been enjoying the Borgias series on HBO. Season finale next week. Lucretia's stable boy is to die for. :frantics:

You're the only person I've heard say something good about Borgias. I liked the idea but everybody said the were bored by the first couple episodes so I never bothered starting it.

I finally got around to watching (BBC series) Luther, with the guy who played Stringer Bell on The Wire, it was damn good and quite an ending. Love the way the Brits do TV!

Guest EXPAT

I watched the Borgias diligently all season and I will not be watching next season. The problem is that they took a 2 hour story and dragged it out 9 hours. It was boring with a capital B. the stable boy was the only mildly interesting thing about season one. I'm a big fan of Irons but even he was a bit boring in this story. I will watch the season finale tomorrow night but it's not likely that I will follow it next season.

• Members

I agree - best drama since The West Wing.

Ditto... and before that The Practice and it's dramedy spin-off Boston Legal.

It's the writing that puts all of these shows on a different level and great cast choices that deliver the lines believably.

Guest zipperzone

I watched the Borgias diligently all season and I will not be watching next season. The problem is that they took a 2 hour story and dragged it out 9 hours. It was boring with a capital B. the stable boy was the only mildly interesting thing about season one. I'm a big fan of Irons but even he was a bit boring in this story. I will watch the season finale tomorrow night but it's not likely that I will follow it next season.

The "spinning out" syndrome is ruining TV IMO. Last night I turned off Dateline in disgust. The story was interesting enough but it could easily have been told in 1 hour. But no... they had to spin it out to 2 hours, repeating the same old info over & over again as if we were simpletons who didn't quite get it. And 2 hours of Chris Hansen is more than I can take.

• Members

The "spinning out" syndrome is ruining TV IMO. Last night I turned off Dateline in disgust...

That's what I love about British TV, it's designed to be a 'series' of several episodes then END. If it's really well received maybe they get around to follow-on series, but it's a much better approach then our "here's a gem of an idea, now let's assume it's enough for 22 episodes--and we have to leave someplace to go for years after too" approach.

I turned off Dateline in disgust when it was revealed they rigged a car to explode to show how dangerous they were, haven't watched since.

• Members

I love British TV too. Who remembers Yes Minister followed by Yes Prime Minister....or Fawlty Towers. MI-5 was pretty good too. There is so much more character development in British TV and film.

I was disappointed recently though by the updated Upstairs Downstairs.

Guest BeachBoy

Ditto... and before that The Practice and it's dramedy spin-off Boston Legal.

It's the writing that puts all of these shows on a different level and great cast choices that deliver the lines believably.

Boston Legal... I've never laughed so hard at a TV show in my life. One of my all-time faves.

• Members

Down here in Rio, they just got around to the season finale of THE GOOD WIFE.

Loved it.

The quick cuts. The music. The writing with the Mom and the kid pressing all of the buttons before they got on. The kisses getting more and more intense. The subliminal messages of he not being able to work the key to "open" the door. She taking the key from him, opening the door and having her follow him "in" for a 7800.00 plus Chicago's hotel sales tax fuck after basically two decades of waiting for her to SOGOTP.

Cannot wait to see what happens next year.