Lucky

The Chaz Transformation

• Members

Having seen the daughter of Sonny and Cher grow up in the public eye, it is a little hard to accept that their little girl is now a guy. I know we have to accept people as they are, and Chaz says that this is what he is- a man. But it isn't that easy. Maybe it's a product of my age- wouldn't that be horrible. (He's on Mario's show right now.)

Now I realize that Chaz doesn't care what I think, that my opinion amounts to nothing. But seeing him shave, and then listening to him talk, I do at least see the struggle he has had, both growing up in public as well as making this huge transformation into the person that he wants to be. It can't have been easy, so for that alone I admire him. I can't say that I would date him, but then, I wouldn't date Sonny or Cher in their prime either.

I've only known one person in my life who was born with both genders. He had a horrible time of things growing up, especially with his dad, who wanted a real man. Well, many surgeries and tons of testosterone later- he got one. By then it was too late.

BTW- Be sure to check out the Sonny Bono statue when you visit Palm Springs.

Guest zipperzone

I respect Chaz and I think he sounds like a nice person. Lord knows, I wouldn't have wanted to go through what he must have endured.

I get the impression that his mom isn't exactly thrilled about it or as accepting as he would like her to be.

He revealed to Joy Behar on her show that he still has no penis. I find that a little creepy. No I would not date him either but wouldn't mind knowing him.

Guest EXPAT

I can certainly understand why Cher is in mourning. It must be tough to let go of your only daughter while trying to be accepting of a new son.

Guest BeachBoy

It was hard enough for me to be gay and come out. I can't imagine the difficulty Chaz has had. Good luck to him!

SERIOUSLY. I can't even imagine.

Guest EXPAT

It's not letting go, it's gaining a deeper understanding of who her child is.

I'm just quoting what she has said. It has to be tough for a mother no matter who it is.

• Members

He revealed to Joy Behar on her show that he still has no penis. I find that a little creepy. No I would not date him either but wouldn't mind knowing him.

He said the same on a great, in-depth interview with Letterman, below. That the choices are small, odd looking, but functional or decent-sized normal looking but little sensation.

Watching these has started to give me a deeper understanding of trans people, and decide to simply get over the awkwardness and no longer have the behind the back discussions (much like this tone of this thread) with others about the trans people I encounter. They are the gender they say they are, and that's the end of it.

While Chaz himself isn't my bag sexually, I've actually had two encounters off of Craigslist with FTM (female to male) trans people, both were pretty damn hot, I didn't seek them out but it was fun. The other way though (MTF) seems the worst of both worlds, to my tastes at least. But out of my bedroom they all have the right to exist and could even use some support to counterbalance the constant negative attention they receive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEJlP8XAx8U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPvEd5f5Ulw&feature=player_detailpage