BiBottomBoy

Happy Easter!

Guest hitoallusa

Well it's a day to remember Jesus who died for our sin. Thank you Jesus! I had a very rough childhood. It's not anyone's fault just I was very different from other people. Being gay is very lonely in my generation. I didn't know any guys around me who were gay and most people were straight or acted straight. I had few friends because I didn't have a lot in common with other guys. Fortunately, friends from church were nice to me and used to hang out with me. They didn't know that I was gay at that time but sometimes I wonder what would have happened if they had been informed of it. I was kicked out of a church for disagreeing with a pastor and they excommunicated me. It wasn't because I was gay but because I couldn't possibly stand how they treated women in the church. I still love Jesus and what he has done for me. My life in this world is that happy but at least I have something to look forward to. That gives me hope.

Guest BeachBoy

Well it's a day to remember Jesus who died for our sin. Thank you Jesus! I had a very rough childhood. It's not anyone's fault just I was very different from other people. Being gay is very lonely in my generation. I didn't know any guys around me who were gay and most people were straight or acted straight. I had few friends because I didn't have a lot in common with other guys. Fortunately, friends from church were nice to me and used to hang out with me. They didn't know that I was gay at that time but sometimes I wonder what would have happened if they had been informed of it. I was kicked out of a church for disagreeing with a pastor and they excommunicated me. It wasn't because I was gay but because I couldn't possibly stand how they treated women in the church. I still love Jesus and what he has done for me. My life in this world is that happy but at least I have something to look forward to. That gives me hope.

I don't know where you live, but if your religion is that important to you, you should seek out a church or even just a Bible study group that WILL accept you and not judge you. I know there are plenty, but they are centered in major cities (and like I said, I don't know where you live). Having faith is great, and unfortunately organized religion put the kabash to that. Seek it out, don't let them make you a victim. Frankly, it's not Christian.

The thing is that Easter has very little to do with Jesus. It's the festival of Beltaine. The only way that the early Christians could get the Celts on board with their new religion was to incorporate Beltain into the religion itself. Hence, rabbits and baby chicks and stuff.

Historically it's much more likely that Jesus was crucified in late summer - but the celts didn't celebrate late summer because they were too busy dealing with the harvest.

• Members

Historically it's much more likely that Jesus was crucified in late summer -

The crucifixition is time linked to the last supper, which is in turn tied to Passover. Passover has a floating date but it always occurs in the Spring.

I don't doubt the bunnies and such are imports, but the date itself is fixed by the Jewish lunar calender.