Guest BeachBoy

Postsecret

Guest BeachBoy

Hey, do you guys know about Postsecret? It's a project that was started several years back by the guy named Frank. Basically you can send a postcard to his house with a secret on it. Since he started the project he's received millions of postcards, and he's published several books of them, and he speaks at universities and other places around the country, and he's a huge supporter of suicide hotlines. It's a pretty cool idea, and he posts new "secrets" every Sunday (or I guess it's late Saturday night, but I don't usually work this shift so I'm usually reading them much later on Sunday).

Anyway, check out one of them posted today (you can see them all at postsecret.com). I've been reading them for years, and it's the first time I ever saw one even remotely like this:

mrvan.jpg

Guest BeachBoy

This is what promoting the illusion of binary sexuality leads to.

It just made me think of all of the things I've seen on Postsecret over the years, and I honestly can't remember seeing anything like this. I've seen stuff about secret crushes on the same sex, but nothing like this. I dunno, it just made me think. Especially about all the "lesbian while drunk" bullshit you see among the hets, and how that's just not ever, ever done among the guys.