BiBottomBoy

Rent Liechtenstein

You know the economy is bad when you can suddenly rent the entire country of Liechtenstein.

It costs $70,000 a night.

"The possibilities for customizing the experience are almost endless - rename city streets and town squares, print your own temporary currencies, carve logos or names into the snow on the mountainside - and that is just the tip of the iceberg. The mayors and marching bands can welcome you with a custom medieval festival and present you the key to the city, or perhaps a wine tasting event at a Prince's estate followed by a fireworks show is more your style."

http://gawker.com/#!5792172/you-can-rent-the-entire-country-of-liechtenstein

Guest zipperzone

You know the economy is bad when you can suddenly rent the entire country of Liechtenstein.

It costs $70,000 a night.

"The possibilities for customizing the experience are almost endless - rename city streets and town squares, print your own temporary currencies, carve logos or names into the snow on the mountainside - and that is just the tip of the iceberg. The mayors and marching bands can welcome you with a custom medieval festival and present you the key to the city, or perhaps a wine tasting event at a Prince's estate followed by a fireworks show is more your style."

http://gawker.com/#!5792172/you-can-rent-the-entire-country-of-liechtenstein

Holy Crap - that's not even expensive, for what it is.

Guest BeachBoy

Exactly!

35,000 of us could each pitch in two bucks, legalize marriage there for the day and then go to the UN and demand that the US government recognize our matrimony!

That is a brilliant idea.

Guest BeachBoy

If I ever won the lottery, I would totally rent a country for a day. Hell, if I won enough I'd rent it for a month!

Imagine how much the people who live there must HATE this idea.

My guess would be that it the country is in such financial straights that it's possible to rent the entire country that the residents would be 100 percent behind it.

Someone paying 70k to run the nation is going to come with other people and spend money and that 70k is going to get spread around.