TotallyOz

Did you know?

Guest hitoallusa

That's true indeed..

If you had purchased Apple Stock instead of an IPod in 2002 that your 300 investment would now be worth 7,000?

Any more?

They sell worse products than their competitors at higher prices and yet come out the winner.

LOL Dear, you missed April Fools. This is now April 6th.

I guess you have never had a Mac? They are far superior to any other computer for the general consumer. They last, they have great support and they are pretty.

Everyone I know who has had a MAC has had problems with WiFi connectivity. Put a PC and a MAC side my side and the WiFi will fade in and out on the MAC and stay strong on the PC.

Meanwhile, several people I know have had power source problems with their MacBooks. One of the actually spent 600 euros to fix the problem - even though I pointed out that for 600 euros they could have a brand new PC with four times the RAM of the MacBook they were fixing.

I have had over 10 Apple computers in the last few years and I can say that every one more than delivered excellence performance and better than any PC I ever owned. Any problems, Apple support fixed free. TSA broke one computer and they replaced it. IMHO, Apple is the best computer on the face of the earth. ^_^

You are talking about the company that didn't realize the iPhone 4 couldn't connect to networks when people were holding it in their right hand, right...

No, I am talking about the one whose computers never get viruses. ^_^

cold-sores10biglips.jpg

• Members

I used Macs exclusively for 20 years. I bought my mother a Blue IMAC when they came out -- her first computer. She mostly taught herself how to use it as I lived 1500 miles away.

I wouldn't deign to use a PC (Piece of Crap). :P They were cheap game boxes loaded with a free inferior OS (that violated antitrust rules) and buggy software. They succeeded because of their game market strategy.

I lowered myself to use a PC when developing this site. I figured I was going to be interacting overwhelmingly with the great unwashed sea of PC users, so I figured a PC would smooth the way, so to speak. :D That and I had retired and the fancy Mac prices were a little steep on retirement pay. I finally adpated.

Since then Apple left me in the dust with their new OSs. So I cannot speak for the latest generation of Macs but I suspect they remain technologically superior to PCs. To this day, I will do banking and online purchases only on a Mac due to PC security vulnerabilities. Fortunately, I have a family member who owns a Mac. Were it not for the price I would revert to Apple since Oz has demonstrated it is no barrier to developing and interfacing with the online communities such as this one.

I have no reason to believe that Apple quality generally falls short in their other products. Like everyone else they are not immune to screw up now and then. It does seem to be the exception though. The consumers seem quite happy. I have to go with them on this vote.

I have grown more comfortable with PCs. The price is right. I avoid MS software as much as I can. That helps. PCs are ok for work and there does seem to be some spiffy game boxes out there. The are risky for presonal fincances and money interactions IMO.

BTW Oz, I love your girls. I can only imagine the double lip grip. :D

Guest zipperzone

I was a PC user for many years. Got my 1st Mac (an imac) about 9 months ago and couldn't be happier. The main attraction for me and the reason I switched was the incredible styling of the 21 inch screen with all the "bits & pieces" tucked inside and no extra ugly parts to clutter up my desk. The only difference that has bothered me is that their spell-check is inferior to windows. But I can live with that.

Guest BeachBoy

Macs all the WAY. I cannot STAND PCs. They make no sense to me. Macs work like my brain works. Not that my brain is any great shakes. But Macs are wonderful. They don't give you any passive aggressive messages. You turn it on and start going. You decide what you want to have running, when you want it running. Love it to death.