TotallyOz

Rolls-Royce Electric Car: simply amazing

Guest zipperzone

I'm not sure whether it's the same model but you can look at the interior.

The body style shown in the "electric" version is the Phantom - a much larger car. The one in the Motor Trent video is the Ghost - significantly small but still costing over 300 big ones.

For those who are interested, the Rolls Royce web site has excellent pictures of exterior and interiors and you can change the colour of the leather with a click of the mouse. Its really cool and probably the best automobile web site I have ever seen.

I would choose the smaller Ghost, either in black with a red leather interior, or in silver with a blue leather interior. I can assure you thta if I won the biggie, it wouldn't be for a dishwasher I'd be shopping :excl:

• Members

A couple years ago, a friend and I were driving north on Highway 1, about twenty miles north of San Francisco. As I came around a curve, I saw a new Rolls Royce driving southbound towards us. I think it was a Ghost. As soon as I said to my friend, "Look at this pretty Rolls Royce coming at us.", another one came along behind it. Then a third. Then a fourth, fifth, and sixth.

I rarely see a new Rolls Royce, and here were six of them traveling in a pack. They were different colors, but they were all identical models.

My first thought was that they were shooting an ad, since Highway 1 curves along the Pacific and through beautiful hilly areas and picturesque fishing and farming communities. But it's been a long time since I recall seeing an ad for Rolls Royce. I think it was a new model at the time, and had a waiting list, so why advertise?

Then I thought maybe it was an automotive magazine doing a feature story, but they're usually lucky to get one car from the manufacturer and here were six! Then I thought maybe it was an oil sheik and his convoy enjoying the sights, but why would they ship a half dozen cars here for a pleasure drive, or buy them here and ship them home? Prince Charles and Camilla had stayed nearby a year or so earlier, but surely a royal return would have been publicized.

It was a rather amazing sight seeing six shiny new Rolls Royce bespoke automobiles passing by and, to this day, I wonder what they were doing there. Any ideas?

It was a rather amazing sight seeing six shiny new Rolls Royce bespoke automobiles passing by and, to this day, I wonder what they were doing there. Any ideas?

Beautiful story. Thanks for sharing. And, I also know what they were doing. They were all owned by the same family and are now broke and they were headed to Target to buy groceries!

Guest zipperzone

A couple years ago, a friend and I were driving north on Highway 1, about twenty miles north of San Francisco. As I came around a curve, I saw a new Rolls Royce driving southbound towards us. I think it was a Ghost. As soon as I said to my friend, "Look at this pretty Rolls Royce coming at us.", another one came along behind it. Then a third. Then a fourth, fifth, and sixth.

If it was a couple of years ago I don't think they were Ghost models. The Ghost has only been on the market for a few months, as far as I know.

• Members

Years ago, make that eons ago, when I was a teen-ager, one day when I was pumping gas a RR pulled in. I filled up his tank and offered to check his oil. He said the engine was sealed at the factory. I guess he needed to stretch his legs because he spent a few minutes talking to me about his car. He was a diplomat attached to the consolate in New Orleans and on his way there. He said he shipped the car back to the factory once a year for a factory servicing, presumably with an oil change. He also said he could tell his tire pressure from inside the car. Now, all of those things are perfectly possible today and I have no idea if he was just kidding a young person but it was still an interesting encounter. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest zipperzone

For those iterested in buying one.........

The 1st picture is the latest version, the next 2 are older models. I LOVE pic # 2

post-123031-023187200 1302049679.jpg

post-123031-080379800 1302049710.jpeg

post-123031-023004000 1302049734.jpg

• Members
If it was a couple of years ago I don't think they were Ghost models. The Ghost has only been on the market for a few months, as far as I know.

Maybe not. I know they had just introduced a new smaller model, but don't recall the name. Thinking it over again today, another possibility is that they were a dealer transfer trying to avoid the freeways.

But the convoy heading to Target is the explanation to beat. thumbsup.png

PS: Great pics!

Guest zipperzone

Maybe not. I know they had just introduced a new smaller model, but don't recall the name. Thinking it over again today, another possibility is that they were a dealer transfer trying to avoid the freeways.

PS: Great pics!

I must be wrong. There has only been 1 "smaller" model introduced so that's probably what you saw.

I put smaller in quotes because they may be smaller - but they are still huge.

As a side note - I do miss the white wall tires. There is something too utilitarian about the ones they use these days.

As a side note - I really miss the white-wall tires. There is something too utilitarian about the wheels these days.

Guest zipperzone

I must be wrong. There has only been 1 "smaller" model introduced so that's probably what you saw.

I put smaller in quotes because they may be smaller - but they are still huge.

As a side note - I do miss the white wall tires. There is something too utilitarian about the ones they use these days.

As a side note - I really miss the white-wall tires. There is something too utilitarian about the wheels these days.

What happened here - did my imac burp :question: :question: