Guest zipperzone

Is this woman nuts?

Guest zipperzone

Buckingham Palace announced yesterday that The Queen had "consented" to the opening of NINETEEN state rooms for the wedding reception of Prince William and Kate Middleton, so that guests would have someplace to wonder and view a portion of the world's most valuable privately owned art collection.

Is this woman out of her mind?

There are thousands of homeless people sleeping on streets and in parks without sufficient food and here she is graciously flaunting her wealth and privilege.

During a TV interview several years ago, the purpose of which was to make the monarchy more familiar to the common people, a Lady-In-Waiting produced a magnificent emerald necklace which was probably worth more than I will earn in my lifetime. The Queen glanced at it and remarked, "Oh, have I actually worn that?"

The lady didn't get it then and she sure as hell doesn't get it now.

With mobs rioting in the streets of London last week over government austerity measures, and the protests and riots that occur at every G20 summits, the British equivalent of the French Revolution may very well be close at hand.

Guest hitoallusa

I didn't particulary like the movie "The Queen". I liked the guy who played Tony Blair, however. I've read Tony Blair's recent autobiography and I was disappointed the movie was not even close to what really happened. Anyways, I think she has an obligation to entertain her guests so she is opening up the palace. I don't think there is nothing wrong with that. I bet those guests are dignitaries from all over the world so she has to do everything within her ability to impress them. After all the event is tied to the country's image. Yes you are right you can do away with it and save money. But when those guests get impressed by Britian's history, culture, architect and etc, it might open up business partnerships and opportunities in the country. I think she is playing a role of publicist for GB.

Guest zipperzone

I didn't particulary like the movie "The Queen". I liked the guy who played Tony Blair, however. I've read Tony Blair's recent autobiography and I was disappointed the movie was not even close to what really happened. Anyways, I think she has an obligation to entertain her guests so she is opening up the palace. I don't think there is nothing wrong with that. I bet those guests are dignitaries from all over the world so she has to do everything within her ability to impress them. After all the event is tied to the country's image. Yes you are right you can do away with it and save money. But when those guests get impressed by Britian's history, culture, architect and etc, it might open up business partnerships and opportunities in the country. I think she is playing a role of publicist for GB.

I get your point and to a degree, I agree. BUT - I think you totally didn't get my point. It's going to backfire on them. This is not the climate to flaunt your privilege when so many are wanting.

Guest hitoallusa

I do see your point. I hope it doesn't provoke more riots in London. The whole world is go through major crisis and it's not the climate to flaunt one's wealth.

I get your point and to a degree, I agree. BUT - I think you totally didn't get my point. It's going to backfire on them. This is not the climate to flaunt your privilege when so many are wanting.