Guest hitoallusa

Nick Jonas in Les Miserable

• Members

He's cute eye candy and excellent with the Jonas Brothers. But, I thought his performance in Les Miserables was horrible. His voice didn't seem to have to strength needed for the part. Much too weak and wimpy.

I think his selection was an attempt to secure a more modern audience for the performance. I wouldn't pay money to see him do the role in a theater.

Guest BeachBoy

Not to sound too much like an old fogey, but what is happening with the theater these days?! I hate the stunt casting (that's really what it is), the movies-to-theater plays, and of course the clusterfuck that is Spiderman. What ever happened to a nice night at the theater? Why is it just going all to shit?

• Members

There is an older concert performance that,while it is not so grand,has much better performers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Mis%C3%A9rables:_The_Dream_Cast_in_Concert

Ditto.

I give the kid credit for doing it though and he did ok for not being a select musical theatre performer. I agree it was an attempt to draw in a younger audience for a show initially staged before they were born.

Usually these roles go to the creme de la creme of performers so it no great shame to come in second in that comparison IMO.