BiBottomBoy

Firefox 4

• Members

Given your screen name, I'm not quite sure how to answer that! :P

You bastard! I spewed coke onto my keyboard laughing. Do you have any idea how hard it is to clean that stuff out?

Guest BeachBoy

You bastard! I spewed coke onto my keyboard laughing. Do you have any idea how hard it is to clean that stuff out?

Put it on my tab! LOL

Guest FourAces

Can't figure out what BiBottom's problem is. I've used 4 for several weeks on my PC with no problem and I'm not having any problems now. Perhaps you should try to reload it.

I'm with you. I downloaded the official release of FF4 and love it. Not issues at all, in fact, it seems to work much better and is more stable than previous versions of the browser I've used.

• Members

Spray your keyboard with lighter fluid and ignite to vaporize the water and carbonize the sugar. After cooling turn upside down and shake vigoruosly.

Maybe someone else has the solution for repairing an overheated keyboard? :flowers:

File this under: moving the ball down the field. :P

• Members

Man, I installed Firefox 4 this afternoon and have one piece of advice: Don't fucking do it!

It's full of bugs, isn't compatible with a lot of add ons - like FUCKING NORTON ANTIVIRUS - and is less easy to use than the old version.

Just a warning.

CNET loves it -- says: greatest thing since curdled goat's milk. :P

• Members

File this under: moving the ball down the field. :P

80901736.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5486712A8B053AB76BC5FE6E1D81D89AF3E43892080D96E10A0

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;

The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,

And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;

But there is no joy in MERville - mighty Tampa has struck out.

:console:

• Members

80901736.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5486712A8B053AB76BC5FE6E1D81D89AF3E43892080D96E10A0

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;

The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,

And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;

But there is no joy in MERville - mighty Tampa has struck out.

:console:

It is far far better to have swung and missed then to go down looking. :rolleyes:

Guest EXPAT

The MAC version is excellent. In fact it is a bit better than the last MAC version. I'm starting to use it more than Safari. Although Safari is still my main browser because of the linkage I have via MobileMe.

• Members

I don't as of yet have Firefox 4, although it seems that every week they install an upgrade. I think now I have 3.16.something. Anyway, it sure is bad these days. I switch to Chrome and get blazing fast speeds, but Firefox is like an old western wagon that keeps breaking down.

Guest BeachBoy

I don't as of yet have Firefox 4, although it seems that every week they install an upgrade. I think now I have 3.16.something. Anyway, it sure is bad these days. I switch to Chrome and get blazing fast speeds, but Firefox is like an old western wagon that keeps breaking down.

See, I'm the opposite - Chrome is all weird, and Firefox works like a charm!

• Members

Now I have firefox 4, even though only 2 days ago I was upgraded to a newer 3. something.

I have lost control of my computer as the firefox page won't do anything I want. The address bar is hidden, I added the Google toolbar but Firefox refused it. Why? The OP was correct, Firefox 4 is a piece of shit.

It gets worse and worse the longer you use it as well. Tons of add ons and stuff cause it to crash and about once every two to three weeks it will for no reason just give you a message that it is crashing for an "unknown error."

Plus, it will want you to update it every week or so, which can take quite a bit of time depending on the update.