TotallyOz

Traveler Alerts and Plans Changed

I had my reservation to return to USA from Thailand on Sunday but the flight status on the airlines is a major mess. They wanted to route me though China and economy class for 35 hours. I said no. So, I am stuck in Thailand for a bit. It is a great place to be stranded.

Before you travel to Asia, be sure you have a close to direct flight to the place you are traveling. It will make life easier.

Heathrow-Terminal-3-stranded.jpg

• Members

My flights to Bangkok went through Tokyo, so if that airport is closed, then I can't imagine how many flights will be canceled, re-routed, or otherwise problematic. Each flight to and from Tokyo was jam-packed with people, so that's a huge re-booking problem as well. Lucky Oz gets to wait in out in Thailand instead of Tokyo!

I am hoping to make it back in the USA for the Palm Spring weekend. That was the reason I booked the ticket this week. I still have my apartment for another month but I did tell the landlord I was leaving early. Right now, it is wait and see.

And, you are right, I am LUCKY to be in Thailand for the wait.