TotallyOz

Our thoughts are with those in Japan and Asia

Guest twinklover

Hear, hear! I have a dear friend traveling to Tokyo in the next few days. He was so excited.

This may need to be reconsidered. I hope all others affected by the resulting tsunami will fare well.

Guest zipperzone

I hope my following comments will not be taken the wrong way.

I think what has happened in Japan is tragic beyond belief. My partner's nephew is married to a Japanese girl and we are all fearful for her family as we have not had any news as yet.

I would gladly make a financial contribution if in fact I knew with any certainty the money would get to where it is intended. Although I have no doubt about the work done by the Red Cross I do not trust them when it comes to money. I recall the tragedy of the tsunami in Sri Lanka - I think it was 2006, how time does fly.

The Red Cross collected hundreds of millions from people who wanted to assist in the recovery and rehabilitation efforts. We later learned that only a portion of that money was used for that particular cause. The Red Cross arbitrarily decided how much they would contribute there and placed the rest in what I can only describe as "general revenue" to be used for other charitable causes at their sole discretion.

That to me is conversion. Jim Bakker went to jail for the same thing.

Who holds the Red Cross accountable? I think they are beyond control.