Lucky

Are they Serious?

• Members

I got some spam for a quilting newsletter, spam that came to the address I use only for this site.

I didn't want the quilting newsletter, so I hit the unsubscribe button, here is how I was greeted:

Hi Cunt

On this page, you can update your e-mail address, change the frequency of the newsletter or completely unsubscribe.

• Members

Which of us do you suspect of sending you that invitation? ^_^ Of course, I don't know your private email address, so I plead not guilty. ^_^

Isn't it common advice to refrain from using the unsubscribe "feature" which allows the sender to verify the email address? Just asking.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

I suspect no one. After a while the email address gets on different lists. What I hate is that recently my niece sent everyone on her contact list an email...a group email. Now all of those hundred people are in my Gmail contacts...added automatically. So when I try to type a name, these names of people -I have no idea who they are- pop up as suggestions to shortcut my typing. I hate group emails.

As for this one, I did not hit send once I saw that they didn't really give a shit about my desire to "unsubscribe." That, in itself, is an insult as I never subscribed to any of the multitude of junk mail I get.

Guest FourAces

As for this one, I did not hit send once I saw that they didn't really give a shit about my desire to "unsubscribe." That, in itself, is an insult as I never subscribed to any of the multitude of junk mail I get.

Lucky never unsubscribe from a spam email. All it does is validate a "live" email address and chances are your email address will be traded or sold and your unsubscribe attempt ignored anyway.

Everything I have read about dealing with spam shows that you should never unsubscribe or respond or click on any link in a spam email.