Lucky

The Nine Top Young Actors

• Members

The LA Times Magazine introduces us to the 9 top prospects to be movie heartthrobs. Here are the opening paragraphs:

Duck into any scenester depot between Sunset and 3rd, and you’ll spot them: aspiring matinee idols, pretty lads sanguine in their skinny denims and studied slouching. If only that elusive Hollywood fifth element, aka star quality, were the mere sum of blessed bone structure and an adorably terminal case of bedhead. Alas, breaking out of the pack as the next alpha dog—read, Brando/Newman/DiCaprio—demands traits that are difficult to quantify. True stars are born, not groomed, and this year promises an embarrassment of riches. They hail from the four points of the English-speaking world

From striking redhead Eddie Redmayne—who’ll squire Michelle Williams in My Week with Marilyn—to Henry Hopper, barely out of his teens and already a leading man in Gus Van Sant’s tragic romance Restless, the It factor is strong in these guys. And speaking of romance: If you haven’t heard of them yet, the starlets surely have. Collectively, the gossip mags have linked this bunch to beauties ranging from Leighton Meester to Carey Mulligan. It’s only a matter of time before the rest of America falls for them, too.

(Eddie Redmayne starred in the Broadway show Red with Alfred Molina. he's a great actor and very easy on the eyes.)

And, here's the story:

http://www.latimesmagazine.com/2011/03/the-next-factor.html

Guest zipperzone

My jaded view of life confirms (for me, at least) that as pretty/adorable/butch - you choose the adjective - they may be, the fastest way to fame & riches still has a lot to do with ones willingness to shed jeans in front of a casting director's desk. Call me a romantic fool :heart:

Guest FourAces

Seems like a lackluster list to me. In fact most of them kind of even look like each other. I was hoping for some real eye candy or real talent :D