TotallyOz

Apple's New IPad

Apple announced its new IPad today with great fanfare. The new device will be smaller, faster and more powerful than before. It will have 2 cameras and the ability to hook up to your TV with HDMI.

Is this a game changer for anyone?

I have the current model and love it. I'll be updating when I get back to USA.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipad/

Guest FourAces

I know Apple is very trendy these days and I understand the attraction to its products. However, I don't really think that they did anything earth shaking with the new iPad. Basically, they simply added a few features that Android tablets have had from the start.

- Faster Processor - Front and back cameras - Video Chat - Smaller form factor - HDMI

The iPad is still missing flash and the resolution is lackluster and keep in mind still no true multitasking.

Personally I will wait a month and pick up the BlackBerry PlayBook. The BlackBerry PlayBook has a faster processor, will support ALL web applications and platforms including flash. has enterprise security that equals the US military encryption and is a nice walk-around size.

People say BlackBerry is yesterday I say Apple is yesterday. Think about it the same complaints people have about BlackBerry can apply to Apple. Lets look at the phone.

iPhone -form factor has not changed since launch.

iPhone -OS has not changed since launch.

iPhone -Does not support 4G on ANY network.

iPhone is looking a little long in the tooth, no?

Anyway, I say if you want a tablet look at the Android tablets or wait for the PlayBook to be released next month.

Guest EXPAT

As an Apple fan, you couldn't pay me to buy a blackberry again or move to Android.

Your Apple facts are not accurate by the way. Sounds like you have been listening to the Android's Fox News Channel.

Guest NeedSome

As an Apple shareholder, I strongly advise everyone reading this to go out and buy one for yourself, your family members, your friends, and colleagues.

Guest FourAces

As an Apple fan, you couldn't pay me to buy a blackberry again or move to Android.

Your Apple facts are not accurate by the way. Sounds like you have been listening to the Android's Fox News Channel.

EXPAT Android yes FOX never lol. SO specific to Apple where am I incorrect? I even left a few out .. so I am just wondering.

Also think about this. What did Steve Jobs actually show us? A faster processor OK ... a thinner iPad alright ... cameras again OK and all at the same price, WTF? Isn't the cost of technology becoming less expensive to produce? Gee mighty kind of Apple to not lower the price...And please understand I do not dislike some Apple products but I do believe there are better out there in some instances.

I think the one Apple product I can say is unmatched is the iMac and Mac Books. I will soon be purchasing a iMac as I feel Windows is about as fucked up as one can make a OS.