Guest Oliver

Thoughts for Lucky

Guest FourAces

Lucky sadly my Mother passed away a few years back. I can understand your deep sadness. I only wish that you remember the good times and smile proudly as I'm sure your Mother is doing the same. God bless her.

Sorry about your loss. It's always difficult to lose a Mother no matter how old you are. I lost my Mother when I was 28 and it was a total shock to me. But I have very fond memories of her and think of her often.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

• Members

Many, many thanks for the kind thoughts. I arrived here shortly after my mother passed away, so as of yet have not seen her. The first viewing is this afternoon, with another in the evening. The funeral is tomorrow.

Many of you have already gone through this and know what it is like. For the others, I hope it is a long time before you lose your mother.

My mother was my friend. She accepted my partner of 38 years as a member of the family. He's listed right there in the obituary next to my name.

Many of my friends who met my mother liked her, and it was frequently said that "gosh, I wish my mother was like that." We know of so many homes where the gay son loses touch with his parents because they cannot accept their homosexuality. It may not have happened immediately with me, but my mom and dad did come around early enough and accepted me as a gay man without reservation.

Mom was the kind of person who would talk to anyone, and she made a lot of friends this way. Yes, sometimes it embarrassed me when she would approach a total stranger and ask why they were buying so much olive oil at Costco, but the other parties never seemed to mind.

So, today and tomorrow is good-bye, and I know it will be hard. I think it is a great thing that one can receive so much support from the guys who post together with me on the internet. If one of you guys who posts at Daddy's could do me a favor, since I am banned from posting there, could you post a thank-you to all of the guys there who have similarly expressed their condolences? I would appreciate it.

And, by the way, I received a nice email from the guy who I think is the Real Rock Hard!

Guest FourAces

Thanks for sharing a little bit about your Mother with us. I hope all is going as well as expected and that you are receiving and giving support with your family and friends... that you all are remembering the good times and the triumphs in these sad days.

• Members

Thanks, again, guys. It was quite nice to see the MER and Daddy's community share their best wishes during this difficult time for me. I am now back home after a very long and tiring series of flights.

So, I had my family and my internet family supporting me and now we can move on, hopefully to a long period of peace and goodwill.