Guest FourAces

Super Bowl Time

Guest FourAces

I am wondering who you all feel will win. The Packers are favored by 2.5.

Personally I feel Green Bay will be victorious however I just learned my brother placed a very large bet on the Steelers. Since I'm not betting the game this year I guess I'll be cheering for the black and gold instead.

- if you search back a few pages stripfan has a nice super bowl photo thread :P

• Members

I am wondering who you all feel will win. The Packers are favored by 2.5.

Personally I feel Green Bay will be victorious however I just learned my brother placed a very large bet on the Steelers. Since I'm not betting the game this year I guess I'll be cheering for the black and gold instead.

- if you search back a few pages stripfan has a nice super bowl photo thread :P

Personally (though I didn't bet on the game either) I would give the points. I think the Packers are on a roll.

• Members

Many, if not most, super bowls have not been "good" games but I am hoping this one will be. I am picking the Steelers.

Best regards,

RA1

I think I will take the Steelers as well. I'm expecting that this is going to be an amazing game. Although I am in Thailand, and the game is very early in the morning, I will be watching with a bunch of straight guys in a straight bar trying to feel like I'm a real man.

One of the things that I always enjoy about the Super Bowl is the commercials. I hear that Go Daddy has a special commercial for us this year. I also hear there will be several other surprises. So while I'm not a sports nut, I do enjoy a good football game. Professional football is really not my thing. Give me a good Alabama Crimson Tide game any day of the week. Or, the Auburn Tigers.

• Members

Ok, OZ, I was buying that bullshit hook, line and sinker right up until your last sentence. :getlost:

But trying to get me to believe there's a native-born Alabama boy breathing who roots for both the Tide and the Tigers was going a step too far.

Now you've got me wondering if you're even in Thailand. Maybe you just paid a standin to fake off Lucky. Hmmm....

Ok, OZ, I was buying that bullshit hook, line and sinker right up until your last sentence. :getlost:

But trying to get me to believe there's a native-born Alabama boy breathing who roots for both the Tide and the Tigers was going a step too far.

Now you've got me wondering if you're even in Thailand. Maybe you just paid a standin to fake off Lucky. Hmmm....

LOL. Well, I grew up in Alabama and was always an Auburn Tiger fan. All my family rooted for the Alabama Crimson Tide. I wanted to be different than my family. So, to be different, and to be able to bet on football, I told everyone that I was an Auburn Tiger fan. When I got ready to attend college, I visited the University of Alabama. I had several members of my family that were in attendance at the University of Alabama. And I had several good weekends of partying at the University of Alabama. The university was way too large for me. I knew that I would get lost in the mass of bodies, large classes, and parties. Several of my relatives that attended the University of Alabama had a hard time as well. They partied their entire freshman year and had to transfer their second year.

So for the entire football season. I root for both the Alabama Crimson Tide and the University of Auburn Tigers. When it comes to game day between both teams, I always root for the Tigers.

Two years ago the Alabama Crimson Tide was in the national championship game in California. My entire family flew out to see the game. They won't spend the money to travel to see me in Los Angeles or New York, but they will spend the money to fly to see the Alabama Crimson Tide in the National Championship. I am not really sure if I should take this personally or not. Growing up in Alabama, you learned that football is king. There is nothing else to do on a Friday night. My high school of 400 students, have a football stadium that would hold 10,000. Nothing was as important to the school, the community, and even to some churches, than the football team.

Unfortunately, my body was too fragile to play football. LOL. Although, I did play with the quarterback a few times!

• Members

Mentioning that you will watch the game but very early in the morning reminded me that during one super bowl broadcast I was in Christchurch, NZ. They rely heavily upon satellite TV coverage there but the game was only slated to be broadcast at one or more bars. Now, I have nothing against watching a game at a bar but the broadcast was going to be on Monday at about 1230 PM local time, a bit early to be drinking for me. The hotel we were in very kindly arranged to have a technition send the game to one of our rooms. I don't remember the game but I do remember the circumstances and having lunch while watching. ^_^ Yes, noon thirty Monday in NZ would be a live broadcast and the same time as 630 PM EST Sunday.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Christina was terrible.

Not only did she mess up the lyrics, but she was off key much of the time.

I have no idea why talented singers, when faced with the prospect of singing our National Anthem in front of hundreds of millions of people, don't bother to learn the words, and just don't sing it properly with their obviously gifted voices. There's no need to rewrite the song. They became famous as performers, not composers.

• Members

Christina was terrible.

I have no idea why talented singers, when faced with the prospect of singing our National Anthem in front of hundreds of millions of people, don't bother to learn the words, and just don't sing it properly with their obviously gifted voices. There's no need to rewrite the song. They became famous as performers, not composers.

It is not uncommon for 'stars' to let their egos run away with them. After a while they begin to believe the hype about themselves and don't bother to prepare. Either that or chemical fortification leaves them wanting. Not sure which applies in this case.

Guest FourAces

Christina was terrible.

What is ironic is she appeared on a list of the top ten best at singing it, she was like the 3rd best too .. it was posted on yahoo. Now its disappeared lol.

• Members

I certainly am no singer but I have been told that the SSB is one of the toughest songs to perform BUT that does not mean one can take liberty with the words (where is the teleprompter or index cards or ink on the hands?). It has been butchered many, many times by various performers and, you may have noticed, today, few have musical accompaniment because they are unable to hit the notes. I have to suppose if it were not for the "honor" of performing at such venues any "smart" performer would demur. However, smart may not be part of their repertoire. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

PS---GB won and I was wrong and not for the first or last time. ^_^

• Members

Christina was terrible.

A comment (joke) from Jay Leno about the situation, cracked me up:

"Before the game, Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano told everybody that if you see something not right at the Super Bowl, let somebody know. Immediately, 50 million people called after Christina Aguilera did the national anthem" -- Jay Leno