Lucky

Goodbye, Andy Pettite

• Members

KEPNER2-popup.jpg

After a 16 year career, most of it with the New York Yankees, pitcher Andy Pettite today announces his retirement. The Yankees, having failed to land Cliff Lee, could probably use Pettite, but he has made millions and wants to spend time with his family. I always enjoyed watching him pitch, especially as the camera focused in on is big brown eyes as he stared at the catcher for the sign. So, goodbye, Andy. Thanks for the memories.

• Members

Yes, I enjoyed Andy Pettite, especially during his term with the NYY. I was not happy when he was traded and amazed when he returned. He certainly had a wonderful spirit for BB and will not soon be forgotten.

Best regards,

RA1

There's no question that the Yankees could have used Andy Pettite this season, hopefully, someone else will come along to fill that void... I listened carefully to an interview where Andy gave his reasons for retiring and could easily relate to them. He simply said his heart was no longer in the game. The enthusiasm he once had for pitching was gone and he looked forward to spending the time with his family... He added that he still had the physical strength/abilities necessary to pitch another season but lacked the motivation.

Hopefully, Andy will return to NY someday in another capacity. New Yorkers and Yankee fans will miss him. He was a class act.

From reporting about a Yankee hero to the scandals facing the NY Mets...There's another baseball team in NY called the Mets, sadly, their owners were profiting from the Madoff ponzi scheme and will have to repay millions to the families that were ripped off. Currently, the Mets owners are looking for some angel to help out with $25,000,000 and become a "silent" partner. Anyone interested?

Coop