Guest Cooper

Anyone miss Simon?

Never thought I'd say this but Simon who?

I think the new season of American Idol is off to a strong start and I credit that to the new panel of judges: Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, and veteran judge Randy Jackson.

Both Steven and Jennifer have brought well need experience, strength, and talent to the show.. They are both lovable, natural, and funny. Not sure how the singing competition is going to materialize this season but I know I'm going to enjoy listening to the comments of the 2 new judges.

Anyone else feel this way?

Coop

Actually, I'm bored with the show totally at this point. If I'm home I watch it, but I probably won't pay much attention until the top 20 or top 10. I'm looking forward to X Factor next Fall. The premise is better than American Idol. I like it where the judges mentor the kids and the judges have a stronger say in who stays and goes each week unless they are at a dead tie. then the public decides.

Guest zipperzone

I have watched it every year - up until now. I watched the 1st 1/2 hour of this seasons first show, changed channels and vowed to never watch it again. I can't stand Tyler, JL is bad for my diabetes and who wants to hear anymore of Randy trying to speak English? The loss of Simon was the kiss of death IMO.

Guest zipperzone

Actually, I'm bored with the show totally at this point. If I'm home I watch it, but I probably won't pay much attention until the top 20 or top 10. I'm looking forward to X Factor next Fall. The premise is better than American Idol. I like it where the judges mentor the kids and the judges have a stronger say in who stays and goes each week unless they are at a dead tie. then the public decides.

Just watch - the X Factor will run rings around A.I. I wish they had put it on at the same time as A.I. That would be the true test.

• Members

Good question, Cooper. My answer is yes. I saw the show for a few minutes and could not look at Steven Tyler. He has to be the most unattractive guy on TV. I think zipperzone hit it on the head in his first post on this subject: "I can't stand Tyler, JL is bad for my diabetes and who wants to hear anymore of Randy trying to speak English?"

I saw the show for a few minutes and could not look at Steven Tyler. He has to be the most unattractive guy on TV.

Lucky, First off Happy New Year!

As for Steven Tyler, I had the same reaction when I first saw him, however, once you can get past his looks, he's really a good judge. He's truly a gifted and talented performer, plus, knows his stuff, something that was seriously lacking from last year's panel of judges... Give the show more than "a few minutes" and I bet Steven Tyler will grown on you... Btw, the best way to view AI is on your DVR. Just fast-forward to the parts you want to see as there are too many commercials and senseless performances.

I think the auditions are over and next week they should be breaking the numbers down to the top 20.

Coop

The new American Idol judges:

Steven-Tyler-Jennifer-Lopez-Randy-Jackson.jpg

Jennifer Lopez is without question one of the most beautiful women on this planet. And her core soul makes her outer beauty pale in comparison.

Steven Tyler is probably one of the most well-adjusted rockers we have aging today. I love him. He hears the beauty of the note within the soul.

Randy Jackson is the weak-link on this panel and his inability to even come close to anything other than his repetitive and boring rhetoric drains an otherwise fun and entertaining new panel.

I think the auditions are over and next week they should be breaking the numbers down to the top 20.

I agree with you. I think next week the show will start taking off even faster and get even better. I have been one of the ones that really enjoyed this season so far. I think the judges are doing a good job. I do think they need someone like Simon. But, I do think this season has been easier for me to watch as they were traveling around trying to pick the ones I go to Hollywood.

Jennifer Lopez is without question one of the most beautiful women on this planet. And her core soul makes her outer beauty pale in comparison.

I agree with you here daddy. I do think Jennifer Lopez is one of the most beautiful women on the planet. I also think that Angelina Jolie can give her some good competition. I have always liked Jennifer Lopez's voice and in the movies. I have no doubt in my mind I'm going to enjoy her as a judge on American Idol this year. I think she has gotten off to a great start this year.