TotallyOz

Which films got unfairly snubbed by the Academy this year, and why?

The Academy Award nominations are out and there are several movies I have not seen.

In years past, we have put up a list on MER and let people vote. We will do the same this year when I have edited the list or I find a copy that is easy to cut and paste for a ballot.

Who do you think got screwed by the Academy?

Guest NeedSome

You should add Mark Wahlberg not getting a best actor nod for the Fighter. I've seen four of the best actor movies (missing the one with Bardem) and I thought Wahlberg was better than all of them except for Colin Firth.

Have to admit that I don't see why everyone thought Christian Bale was so great in that movie. I am a big fan of his, but I thought his portrayal of that guy was little more than a caricature.

Guest zipperzone

Have to admit that I don't see why everyone thought Christian Bale was so great in that movie. I am a big fan of his, but I thought his portrayal of that guy was little more than a caricature.

Christian Bale was at his best when he was running around in underwear & starkers in American Psycho. Nice ass.

Guest twinklover

I am very surprised that there were no nominations for Leonardo DiCaprio and that Shutter Island was shut out. Shutter Island is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time and that's the best I've seen Leo act. I don't understand the snubbbing this movie has received. Infinitely better movie than The Social Network.