Guest twinklover

Golden Globes 2011

Guest twinklover

I thought the show are pretty entertaining with enough Ricky Gervais slams on the HFPA and the "stars" to keep me attentive. No, he didn't cross the line. Some of these people need to grow thicker skins.

http://tv.msn.com/golden-globes/the-wrap/ricky-gervais-golden-globes-fallout/story/?gt1=28103

I'm happy for Colin Firth, Annette Bening and The Kids are all Right. I was very glad DeNiro got the DeMille award. I'm not a big fan of The Social Network or The Fighter, although I didn't hold my nose when they won. I haven't seen Barney's Version, although understated Paul Giamatti makes me want to see his acting and the movie. I thought this would be Leonardo DiCaprio's year. He was amazing in Shutter Island, a film completely snubbed by the Globes.

My biggest disappointment was "Boardwalk Empire" winning for Best Drama. That show DID NOT DESERVE it. Even its star won best actor and Jon Hamm deserved it this year with his brilliant performance in "Mad Men".

Guest zipperzone

The Gervais moment I most enjoyed was his alluding to Scientology members who were gay but only played straight roles. He didn't mention any names but there could be little doubt who he was referring to. He also said "they are not here tonight".

Now let me think........ who was it that announced "they" were boycotting the awards because he was in a snit about a Sat Nite Live skit?????