Lucky

Amazing Suicide Note

• Members

Not that death is ruling my day, but this article bout the death by suicide of a 27 year old computer programmer who was raised in a fundamentalist christian family and sexually raped for years fascinates, mostly because of the calm explanation he gives in a lengthy suicide note of what it is like to be haunted for the rest of your life by the horrors of the sexual injustice perpetrated on him:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/07/bill-zeller-dead-princeto_n_805689.html

• Members

I really don't know what to make of this note. I am appalled by the circumstances delineated. I hate to lose an intelligent young man, gay or straight. I find it very difficult to assess whether this was a mental defect or an environmental one. I don't mean to be cruel. I just don't know.

Best regards,

RA1

As I said in the other thread, this note really made me want to really evaluate those people close to me and maybe not so close to me to see what signs I may be missing of internal suffering. Everyone has secrets and sometimes we don't want to get close enough to people.