TotallyOz

Tea Party Nation announces ‘top 5 liberal hate groups’

• Members

5. NAACP

4. SEIU

3. ACLU

2. The Department of Homeland Security

1. SPLC (Southern Poverty Law Center)

http://www.examiner.com/religion-politics-in-wilmington/tea-party-nation-announces-top-5-liberal-hate-groups-conclusion

These people are crazy. I can understand a right wing organization might be against civil rights orgs, unions, and orgs that question establishment power, but Homeland Security?

• Members

These people are crazy. I can understand a right wing organization might be against civil rights orgs, unions, and orgs that question establishment power, but Homeland Security?

I think it has something to do with the perceived invasion of privacy issues with the Full Body scanners, searches of personal laptops (I think this has been discussed here before), and other similar privacy issues.

• Members

I think it has something to do with the perceived invasion of privacy issues with the Full Body scanners, searches of personal laptops (I think this has been discussed here before), and other similar privacy issues.

I'm aginst all of that too, but I never considered my self a Tea Party member. I'm not against the Dept of Homeland Security, only the dumb invasive shit that Congress has directed them to do. My gripe is with Congress, Customs and the TSA admin who believes that 98% if security is putting on a show. :angry:

• Members

I'm aginst all of that too, but I never considered my self a Tea Party member. I'm not against the Dept of Homeland Security, only the dumb invasive shit that Congress has directed them to do. My gripe is with Congress, Customs and the TSA admin who believes that 98% if security is putting on a show. :angry:

If one can get to the core beliefs, and past the loonies, you would be surprised how much many of us have in common with some of the core Tea Party goals, I was.

Looks like this guy almost showed his tea-bag :w00t: :

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/man-strips-at-va-791764.html

• Members

Maybe I have missed something all along. If you are against all that stuff that the TSA does, whether Congress directed or otherwise, what do they do that you are for? The CIA and FBI, with all of their faults, have been long standing agencies with instructions to deal with our enemies either foreign or domestic.

The TSA is just fluff and show BUT very expensive fluff and show. Surely there is better employment for Burger King rejects.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Maybe I have missed something all along. If you are against all that stuff that the TSA does, whether Congress directed or otherwise, what do they do that you are for?

I do believe they serve a legitimate purpose providing basic security checks of carry-on and checked luggage, and random checks of individual passengers. I wish they would do more interviews a-la Isreali procedures but we don't employ a system-wide staff capable of that. I like bomb sniffing dogs and machines and luggage x-rays. Frisking gradpa and groping grandma, not so much.

• Members

TY-

Thanks for your reply. As you suggest, the TSA agents/empoyees are not qualified to do Israeli type profiling. Yes, we do need simple metal detection just to remind folks they should not bring their sub machine guns from home. Profiling would be excellent but I have my doubts about any government employee ever doing it either correctly or constitutionally. Dogs are good. However, the real solution is for each and every passenger to take responsibility to do his or her part to thwart any evil doers as they appear. I realize that not every passenger is physically able to do this but should try to whatever extent possible. This would be similar to having able bodied persons sitting next to emergency exits, something routinely discussed and dealt with on every flight.

Would you prefer a blue or red anti-terrorist blanket?

Best regards,

RA1