OneFinger

Mormon Church invites Gay Activists to ,,,

• Members

...a Christmas Concert.

Every year the Mormon Church puts on a Christmas concert in their +20,000 seat Conference Center. (That's over 80,000 in attendance!!) In addition to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, there is a guest vocalist and a guest narrator. Last year the guests were Natalie Cole and David McCullough.

This year the guest artists were David Archuleta (whom I think is a closet gay) and Michael York. However, in an unprecedented gesture, the Mormon Church also hosted a number of gay activists at the concert. According to the local ABC television station:

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - In the spirit of the season, the LDS Church is reaching out to the gay community.

ABC 4 News has learned that the Church invited several prominent gay leaders to its Christmas concert this weekend, including Oscar winner Dustin Lance Black...

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/EXCLUSIVE-LDS-Church-invites-gay-activists-and/Mg7j-3Gf_UGVLRKeKAEKkQ.cspx

I'm wondering if relations between the Mormons and the gay community are starting to thaw?

Lucky,

Having spent a great deal of time in St. George, this does not surprise me. There is an active gay community there and lots of gay closets. I hook up every time I am there and I am there several times a year. Plus, it is very close to Las Vegas.

Guest zipperzone

'm wondering if relations between the Mormons and the gay community are starting to thaw?

Don't count on it. The next time California tries to legalize gay marriage they will be pumping more millions to ensure defeat.

• Members

Don't count on it. The next time California tries to legalize gay marriage they will be pumping more millions to ensure defeat.

How I wish you were wrong but you're probably spot on.

But, I can still hope change is in the wind.