Lucky

A Bit of My Past Goes Bad

• Members

Gawker today shows photos of Bush Field in Indianapolis, once home to the Indianapolis Indians minor league team, and now a decrepit graveyard for the cars taken in on the cash for clunkers program.

Years and years ago, ok, well, I was 15, I was an usher at the park (then named Victory Stadium) for home games. I took fans in the fancy seats to their spots, wiped the seat off for them, and occasionally received a small tip on top of my $2 a night pay. I once even received a $2 tip!

So take a look at the stadium as it is now, and get a glimpse of my past, a clunker now:

http://jalopnik.com/5713098/the-baseball-stadium-turned-to-clunker-graveyard

Guest FourAces

Gawker today shows photos of Bush Field in Indianapolis, once home to the Indianapolis Indians minor league team, and now a decrepit graveyard for the cars taken in on the cash for clunkers program.

Years and years ago, ok, well, I was 15, I was an usher at the park (then named Victory Stadium) for home games. I took fans in the fancy seats to their spots, wiped the seat off for them, and occasionally received a small tip on top of my $2 a night pay. I once even received a $2 tip!

So take a look at the stadium as it is now, and get a glimpse of my past, a clunker now:

So who did you have to suck off for the big tip :P:D

Interesting ... I have never been a fan of history mine or others. Not sure why but maybe that is why I liked Las Vegas so much. Once something hits about 15 years of age they tear it down and build something newer and shiner :o

• Members

Before I retired I drove past this place fairly often. It was just down the street from a new office we were opening. It wasn't filled with cars then but was still in bad shape. The city was actually working hard to revise the area,(new streets, sidewalks, undergorund utilities and fiber optic cables) we were remodeling an old building to move our Indy offices to just down the street from the old stadium toward the interstate and the hospital area. But the recession was starting to hurt those efforts to revise the area by the city. The Minor League team moved to a new stadium downtown (Victory Field) several years ago next to the Convention Center.

Guest StevenDraker
The city was actually working hard to revise the area,(new streets, sidewalks, undergorund utilities and fiber optic cables) ... The Minor League team moved to a new stadium downtown (Victory Field) several years ago next to the Convention Center.

K-Y, I stayed in downtown Indy in October and the whole area is still under construction with new roads, sidewalks and hotel properties being built. I guess they have a deadline and need to have everything done by 2012 for Super Bowl. I noticed two big stadiums in that area: the Lucas Oil Stadium adjacent the Convention Center and the Victory Field. The new JW Marriott hotel which will be opening soon next door is a marvel!

jw-tower_jq6t.jpg

JW-Marriott-in-downtown-Indianapolis-from-Victory-Field.jpg

I have never been a fan of history mine or others. Not sure why but maybe that is why I liked Las Vegas so much. Once something hits about 15 years of age they tear it down and build something newer and shiner :o

Thus why Paris is my favorite city. I love the history and the buildings there.