TotallyOz

Hillary Clinton: State Department Likely Last 'Public' Post

My favorite Democrat (other than Dennis Kucinich) says that the Secretary of State is most likely her last position in public office. ^_^ Most likely. ^_^

From NPR:

Hillary Clinton, who for a time in 2007 and 2008 looked like she would be the first woman to be the presidential nominee of one of the two major political parties, indicated Friday that her current job as the U.S.' chief diplomat would likely be her last public post.

She made the statement while answering a student's question during an official visit to Manama, Bahrain.

Reuters reported:

`I think I'll serve as secretary of state as my last public position and then probably go back to advocacy work, particularly on behalf of women and children.''

It was the first time Clinton has spoken so directly about leaving public service, where she has been a dominant figure inDemocratic circles for two decades.

Notice that Clinton wasn't exactly Shermanesque here. Sounds likes she left the door ajar by using "probably."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2010/12/03/131792137/hillary-clinton-state-department-likely-her-last-public-post

Guest FourAces

I have a huge amount of respect for her and feel whatever she does it will be awesome. Working from a non public profile will allow her more flexibility to continue with her passions.

Guest zipperzone

While I greatly respect her right to choose her next career choice I am profoundly sorry she will never be the President. She would have been an awesome choice and probably would have been elected if it were not for Bitch Oprah.

While I greatly respect her right to choose her next career choice I am profoundly sorry she will never be the President. She would have been an awesome choice and probably would have been elected if it were not for Bitch Oprah.

I agree with you. Fuck Oprah. But, don't you just love her Xmas shows? ^_^

• Members

So you didn't appreciate Oprah's support for Obama, but I think it demeans your point to refer to her as bitch Oprah.

Guest zipperzone

So you didn't appreciate Oprah's support for Obama, but I think it demeans your point to refer to her as bitch Oprah.

Actually I was showing restraint. IMO she is a phoney - a smart phoney, but still a phoney. I know Kitty Kelly is not referred to as an intellectual giant but I think that what she writes is factual. Let's face it - she has never been sued, at least not successfully. Read her bio on Opera if you want the real low-down.

The stunts she pulls really piss me off. Like the time she gave away all those Pontiacs to all the women in her audience. She took all the credit for that but the truth was that GM gave them away, Oprah was simply the vehicle (no pun intended) they used to give away their product and gain the advertising. But it is Oprah who is remembered for being SOOOOOO fucking generous. I say bull-crap.

• Members

Wow, I guess I'm the only one that still holds the opinion Bill Mahr put so well: A more bland centrist you could not find.

Given that the Clintons gave us both DADT and DOMA I had no reason to expect they'd stand for anything in this bite at power either.

Though the other reason I opposed her--that she'd be needlessly polarizing and end up deadlocked in any efforts by rabid right-wing opposition, well, it's hard to imagine they could be any worse than they've been to the President...

I have liked her as Sec. State though.