MsGuy

Pretty Good For Government Work

• Members

I strongly suspect that there remain a few shoes yet to hit the floor. I believe that some of the measures taken to avert catastrophe were wrong headed &/or awkwardly implemented. But I have not the slightest doubt that without the quick, decisive actions of the government of the United States two years back, we would now be mired in the first true world wide depression since the thirties.

Thanks Uncle Sam; you did OK. :thumbsup:

PS: About a million folks associated with the automotive industry send their thanks too.

• Members

Now if they'd just use some of those profits to hire people...

Big Business is not into charity or jobs programs. They are into making money. Period. If they can make money then they will invest and create jobs as a byproduct. When there is demand they will meet it for a buck. Count on it.

All this crap about uncertainty is bullshit unless it refers to uncertainty in demand. Plain and simple. If the demand is strong enough that will overcome their reticence about taxes and regulations. They know pretty much about their impact on the equation. What they are uncertain about is the demand. 9.5% unemployment fans a lot of uncertainty.