marcanthony

Already Awesome at Age 14

• Members

Slight change of subject. How did this kid know he was gay at 14? Do most kids know it then (yes or no)? I certainly didn't, although in retrospect I can recall how I felt and now know how things were headed. Of course, dealing with it is an entirely different matter. I think I ALMOST came to grips with my situation day before yesterday. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Slight change of subject. How did this kid know he was gay at 14? Do most kids know it then (yes or no)? I certainly didn't, although in retrospect I can recall how I felt and now know how things were headed. Of course, dealing with it is an entirely different matter. I think I ALMOST came to grips with my situation day before yesterday. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Actually when you listen to the video, it seems he "knew" he was gay when he was 9. At least, he knew he was different from the other kids...

Who knows.... I am supposing that's not the usual time when someone comes to grip with their sexuality. It certainly wasn't for me. Like you... I can figure it out looking back. But going forward, I didn't actually act on what was obviously my sexual preference with another human being until my early 30's.

• Members

I wish the video had shown how the board members responded. That would be very telling about the tone of the community.

The board washed its hands of the matter. They were, however, quick to point out that the KKK rallies were held a few miles north of the Howell School District boundary and therefore were in no way a reflection on the good folks of Howell. :rolleyes:

----

Thanks for the link, marcanthony! The kid was wonderful. :cheer:

• Members

The board washed its hands of the matter. They were, however, quick to point out that the KKK rallies were held a few miles north of the Howell School District boundary and therefore were in no way a reflection on the good folks of Howell. :rolleyes:

----

Thanks for the link, marcanthony! The kid was wonderful. :cheer:

Well isn't that a stand up board. Obviously more politicians than school district leaders. When confronted with an issue that will draw fire from both sides, they punt. <_<

Guest FourAces

Actually when you listen to the video, it seems he "knew" he was gay when he was 9. At least, he knew he was different from the other kids...

Who knows.... I am supposing that's not the usual time when someone comes to grip with their sexuality. It certainly wasn't for me. Like you... I can figure it out looking back. But going forward, I didn't actually act on what was obviously my sexual preference with another human being until my early 30's.

When i was 9 I knew I had a attraction to my (boy) friends but had no clue I was gay. I had no idea what was going for for several years after that point. But this kid is amazing not only is he very comfortable with who he is .. he is articulating his thoughts better than George W Bush ever did :o

In all seriousness if he represents the next generation of gay people I feel confident int he future.

If I can capture it this will go up on my site tonight!