TampaYankee

10 cars you can't get in the U.S.

• Members

Not Available For Sale Here

By Joel Stonington, BusinessWeek provided by: autos_content_landing_pages-318423088-1288378152.jpg?ymosKAEDRJp542.D

Dozens of automotive models—from manufacturers that include boutique supercar makers in Europe and mass producers in China and India—may never roll down U.S. streets.

Once the unquestioned destination car market, the U.S. is no longer even the world's biggest. Last year, China became the top consumer of motor vehicles. Our list this year includes two cars we'd like to see here: the world's fastest pickup truck and a two-seat roadster with a roof that retracts in just 12 seconds. Nevertheless, you won't see these vehicles in a showroom any time soon.

See original article for ten cars with photos and full discussion:http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1558/not-available-for-sale-here?bust_cache=1

• Members

I think there are a lot of cars you can't get in the US that few here would want. However, that might be changing. If the US is no longer the largest market (by volume, I would assume) where do we stand in dollar volume? Just a rhetorical question. I can research it as well as anyone. ^_^

As far as the fastest pick-up truck, I think the disclaimer of "production" pick-up truck has to be added. The Jet Truck, based up a Chevy S-10 can go 275 MPH, a good bit faster than 169. ^_^

Thanks for the link.

Best regards,

RA1